Win XP Pro finds slave Win 2000 Pro but cannot access

debbie

Hi All,

I bought a new hard drive and loaded XP Pro on it (2 partitions), file
system NTFS on both. I hung my drive from Win 2000 Pro, NTFS, as the slave.
Disk management sees the drive but will not allow me to access the drive. The
drive is displayed as "Healthy" but when I attempt to access the drive, it
says the drive must be formatted. I have tons of data I need on that hard
drive.

What do I need to do to access the drive?!?!?

If you want to learn about Partition, Hard Disks, File systems and Data
Recovery, Book "Data Recovery with & without Programming"

You can see the contents of the book on following Link:

http://www.DataDoctor.biz/author.htm

Regards

TT

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I bought a new hard drive and loaded XP Pro on it (2
> partitions), file
> system NTFS on both. I hung my drive from Win 2000 Pro, NTFS,
> as the slave.
> Disk management sees the drive but will not allow me to access
> the drive. The
> drive is displayed as "Healthy" but when I attempt to access
> the drive, it
> says the drive must be formatted. I have tons of data I need
> on that hard
> drive.
>
> What do I need to do to access the drive?!?!?

You should try some data recovary tools.

r-studio: http://www.r-studio.com/

If this fails, then you should consider paying some one to retrive
your data.

OnTrack: http://www.ontrack.com/

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Perform-Maintain-Win-XP-Pro-finds-slave-Win-2000-Pro-access-ftopict400856.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1326903