how are new quests solved?

I logged on briefly last night -- or so I intended -- to pop over
to FM to camp a quest mob, but as I entered OT I saw what looked
like a new NPC zone-wide emote. I was pretty sure I'd never seen
it before, and Allakhazam didn't list the NPC. I quickly figured
out that this was part of a new quest that ties into the upcoming
expansion, similar to the Save Firiona Vie quest.

This was the first time I'd ever been around for the discovery of
a new quest, and I was incredibly excited about it. Alas, it was
around 1am Pacific, and there weren't many folks on in my guild.
I tried asking in guild and various other channels to find out if
there's a place where people share information on new quests as
they are being solved. The only response I got was when I asked
the serverwide.eqtraders channel; someone said that that channel
was often used for such discussions, though its primary use is of
course for tradeskill matters. Even so, I got almost no response
to my progress reports and none at all to my questions trying to
get some brainstorming started.

Once I solved the first part (finding a ground spawn in FV and
taking it back to the NPC in OT) and showed the reward (Armguards
of Stealth: http://www.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=33581),
then someone else on eqtraders got interested and went looking,
and I also got a couple guildies to come do it a couple times.
Alas, the reward wasn't useful to any of my own characters, but
I still had a good time solving the quest.

Then, on a hunch, I ported over to DL and, sure enough, heard three
more new emotes. I gradually located the three NPCs and figured
out what they wanted, but one involved finding four ground spawns
and the other two required killing a mob too tough for me to solo
with a 51 monk, and by then all my guildies had logged. I hope to

Anyway, I had a blast with this, but I'm sure it would've been even
more fun if there'd been a group actively chatting about it. So I
ask the same question here that I was asking in-game: is there a
channel that is normally used by people who are sharing information
toward solving a new quest? Or is eqtraders it, and it was just a
slow night?

-- Don.

p.s.: Taking my own advice, I just checked the FAQ. :) The only
channel I see mentioned there that might apply would be eqlive.
I could've at least asked there to see if anyone knew of a channel
being used for this set of quests.

-- Sukrasisx, Monk 51 on E. Marr Note: If you reply by mail,
-- Terrwini, Druid 42 on E. Marr I'll get to it sooner if you
-- http://www.iCynic.com/~don

Patrik

Don Woods <don-ns@iCynic.com> writes:

> Anyway, I had a blast with this, but I'm sure it would've been even
> more fun if there'd been a group actively chatting about it. So I
> ask the same question here that I was asking in-game: is there a
> channel that is normally used by people who are sharing information
> toward solving a new quest? Or is eqtraders it, and it was just a
> slow night?

I don't know if there's a channel, but there are usually a lot of
people on The Safehouse's forums who work on solving new quests
(http://www.thesafehouse.org/viewforum.php?f=20). It's mostly for
rogues, but they talk about other quests, too.