WikiLeaks Shows Intel Blackmailed Russian Govt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahbi

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010
So it is now "blackmail" to say "If you don't make it possible for my employees to do the work I pay them for, I'll stop paying them"?

What colour is the sky in your world?

mister g

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
[citation][nom]ahbi[/nom]So it is now "blackmail" to say "If you don't make it possible for my employees to do the work I pay them for, I'll stop paying them"?What colour is the sky in your world?[/citation]
Kind of, when you knew that Russia had never allowed these devices in before and you expect to set up office inside anyway and make demands.

fatdoi

Distinguished
May 13, 2010
that's same with every form of government/business relationships... like the auto industry, the company asks govt to invest $x millions to upgrade their plants or research for continuation of vehicle production of that plant.... so what's the difference??

dealcorn

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2008
Shock of shocks! Intel values and will protect its intellectual property and Russia wants good quality jobs. Even if they are not ideal partners, they can work together. Sounds a lot like the world in which I live.

dealcorn

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2008
Shock of shocks! Intel values and will protect its intellectual property and Russia wants good quality jobs. Even if they are not ideal partners, they can work together. Sounds a lot like the world in which I live.

johnnyq1233

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2007
Is anyone supprised?
I mean, come on the world is driven by greed and power!!!!!
The only resemblance of justice is the beating down and flaunting of weak individuals trying to do what the BIG BOYS are doing!
Just a shame!
They should all suffer the same fate as those who pirate movies and such!

sudeshc

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2009
like they say its all fair in love and war.
Intel actually have proven that business for them is a war if not love every now and than.

sagansrun

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2008
Some of you people are so nieve. You actually think that large business plays fair? You think they have morals, ethics, etc...? You people must live in a box to think that large busines and even some smaller businesses play fair and have no lobbying interest here in the US and abroad. What planet do you all live on? This has been going on since the beginning of human business. It will never change because most people are oblivious to it.

Don't see anything wrong with this, if companies and governments had no secrets things will be a lot messier now than they are. Intel said we need this, we have this as leverage. When I tell my kids to go clean their rooms, they usually don't until I tell them they won't have TV for a week. Use what you got to your advantage. I tell the companies I work for, you want my skills, you pay me this much, same thing.

jamesedgeuk2000

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
Intel highlighted that it was employing more than 1000 Russian engineers and if it was not able to import those platforms, it would have to lay off over 200 engineers and R&D work would be moved to India or China.

Its called outsourcing not blackmail

Not surprised at all, but I'm surprised the Russians didn't tell Intel to piss off...... they don't need intel to do anything for them..... :)
The President sure hasn't lived on the Streets of Saint Peters-burg and certainly doesn't have an idea what the underground is capable off.....
I guess the less said the better, Rome did burn in one day, and I see a pretty similar corporate burn up for Intel if they don't stop the man handling business.
They're babies as compared to the Russians when it comes to man handling people.....:)

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
big businesses normally get some concessions from countries wanting their
investments, employment opportunities, technology transfers, etc.
intel asked and russia agreed. but since the news source was from
Wikileaks, we are made to believe something siniter happened.

Hmm, just look at what is happening with China right now - forcing companies to give up their IP in exchange for either letting them do business in China, or getting essential minerals, etc from China.

Although this news story is too skimpy on details to be able to state with any certainty, to me it is about Intel wanting to protect its IP by encryption, which any company with an ounce of foresight and responsibility should do. So, nothing to see here other than Intel standing up for its rights...

Status
Not open for further replies.