radeonater

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2005
I have a TT Tsunami Dream and want get the new Creative X-Fi Fatality. But i just don't know how much space there is behind the front door of the case for the 5.25" connection module. Does anyone know just how much space there is behind the front door or if you know if the volume knobs will fit fine behind it?

peterjedi

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2002
I have the TT Tsunami. I am using the Vantec 201 fan controllers. The door will not close 100%. I say you need another 5% off space in order to close the door completely.

Here are some additional observations with the TT Tsunami case.

The TT Tsunami is a good case, but it is about 3 inches shorter than a Chieftec mid tower. I believe this 3 inch difference affects the air flow. Thus raising the case and CPU temps by about 2-3 degrees. The positive of this case is it replaces two intake and exhause 80 mm fans with two 120 mm intake and exhause fans. This lowers the noise level noticeably.

Another observation, if I increase the 120 mm fan speeds in the case I don't see any noticeable drops with the temperatures. With the Chieftec mid tower case if I increase the fan speeds of the 80 mm fans I see the case and CPU temps drop 2-3 degrees. I would give up the 2-3 degrees for a lower fan noise any day.

This is just my observation. I could be doing something wrong or that I am not doing a good job with my cable management.

Good Luck with your decision.

radeonater

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2005
Do you roughly know just how far the knobs on the your Vantec stick out. Because I know that the knobs on the X-Fi stick out 3/8 of an inch.

peterjedi

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2002
I think the Vantec NXP-201 is closer to 1". I am pretty sure the 3/8 will be fine. You can go to www.vantecusa.com. Call the tech support line. They should be able to give you the exact numbers. I glanced at the website, but didn't fine the noob dimensions.

radeonater

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2005
Thanks, I just talked to Thermaltake and they said that there is less then 1/4" between the door and front bezel, but i there has to be more then that. I think it'll work.

peterjedi

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2002
The door is curved. You have less room at where the door opens, but more room by where the door meets the hinges. If your sound card control noobs are closer to the left side of the 5.25 drives, then you should be alright.

Do let us know how it works out.

radeonater

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2005
I will for sure let you know how it works out. I just have find someone selling it first. I can't seem to find anyone carrying it yet.

radeonater

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2005
Just got an X-Fi Platinum and the I/O Bay fits perfect (with a slight modification to the bay rails). Had to shave a little plastic off the drive bay rails so they would slide back just a little further to allow for more space.