Squeeky

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012
I recently bought Skyrim for PC and I'm sure my system can handle it (2.9 Ghz Intel Pentium g850, ATI Radeon HD 6870, 8GB of RAM) but I can't play it. I bought a physical copy of the game instead of downloading it through Steam. Steam recognized the game and all that, but whenever I click on "play," or even click on the desktop icon for that matter, I can't get past the launcher. Every time I click play, Skyrim immediately stops running. There is very little delay between clicking and the program ending. I've tried re-installing it and "verified the integrity of the game cache," whatever that means. Anyway, I would really like to play Skyrim and am becoming slightly distressed that I spent so much time and money to do so only to find that I can't. Any advice here is much appreciated.

Ingolenuru

Honorable
Mar 14, 2012

I just built a new system with 32G of DDR3 1333 and FX8150 but still using the same HD 2600 that I have played Skyrim on my old system all the way up to level 49 with multiple skills at 100. Switched from Windows Pro 32 bit to Windows Ultimate 64 bit and after updating my video driver I am not having the exact same problem. Click on play and instantly the launcher crashes. Steam stays up but the game will never get past clicking play. Someone please help us.