computers BIOS

How do you get into your computer BIOS to change it. On one post it said to
hit F8 but when I do that the computer just clicks? Thanks!
--
GrammyAndy

Clicks? Depends on the mobo might be F1, F2 or other. Watch the screen at
POST or check your pc or mobo manual.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"GrammyAndy" wrote:
| How do you get into your computer BIOS to change it. On one post it said
| hit F8 but when I do that the computer just clicks? Thanks!
| --
| GrammyAndy

RTFM.

Accessing Motherboard BIOS
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/bios_manufacturer.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:0B3921A2-EFE6-4316-AAA1-A41F7A2F67BC@microsoft.com,
GrammyAndy <GrammyAndy@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> How do you get into your computer BIOS to change it. On one post it said
> to hit F8 but when I do that the computer just clicks? Thanks!
> --
> GrammyAndy

Grammy

As Wesley pointed out, you should look in the 'fine' manual, or contact the
manufacturer support site for info.. there is no hard and fast way to access
BIOS across the different makes..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"GrammyAndy" <GrammyAndy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do you get into your computer BIOS to change it. On one post it said
> hit F8 but when I do that the computer just clicks? Thanks!
> --
> GrammyAndy

Boot your pc and keep an eye on the screen. You either get the system
checking the memory or a manufacturer logo. In most cases it is necessary to
keep tapping the DEL button until the BIOS appears. Start tapping the DEL
button just after the memory check or after the logo appears. If windows
starts to load then you started tapping the DEL key too late and will need
to reboot. The user manual that came with the PC should give you
instructions on how to enter the BIOS. Just remember altering BIOS options
when you don't know what you are doing can cause your pc not to boot
correctly. So make sure you know what you are doing before you start
tinkering.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

"GrammyAndy" <GrammyAndy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do you get into your computer BIOS to change it. On one post it said
> hit F8 but when I do that the computer just clicks? Thanks!
> --
> GrammyAndy

Thanks for you help. I got into it OK.
--
GrammyAndy

"Dave Patrick" wrote:

> Clicks? Depends on the mobo might be F1, F2 or other. Watch the screen at
> POST or check your pc or mobo manual.
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "GrammyAndy" wrote:
> | How do you get into your computer BIOS to change it. On one post it said
> | hit F8 but when I do that the computer just clicks? Thanks!
> | --
> | GrammyAndy

You're welcome.

--

"GrammyAndy" wrote:
| Thanks for you help. I got into it OK.
| --
| GrammyAndy

[[In most cases it is necessary to keep tapping the DEL button until the
BIOS appears.]]

That is a crock. It can be any of these and more.

F1, F2, F3, F10, F12, DEL, Esc, CTRL+ALT+ESC, CTRL+ALT+S, CTRL+ALT+INS or
CTRL+ALT+INS after CTRL+ALT+DEL

In news:eZS8wqwkFHA.2608@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
John Barnett MVP <freelanceit@mvps.org.NOSPAM> hunted and pecked:
> Boot your pc and keep an eye on the screen. You either get the system
> checking the memory or a manufacturer logo. In most cases it is necessary
> to keep tapping the DEL button until the BIOS appears. Start tapping the
> DEL button just after the memory check or after the logo appears. If
> windows starts to load then you started tapping the DEL key too late and
> will need to reboot. The user manual that came with the PC should give you
> instructions on how to enter the BIOS. Just remember altering BIOS options
> when you don't know what you are doing can cause your pc not to boot
> correctly. So make sure you know what you are doing before you start
> tinkering.
>
> --
> John Barnett MVP
> Associate Expert
> http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
>

> "GrammyAndy" <GrammyAndy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> How do you get into your computer BIOS to change it. On one post it said
>> hit F8 but when I do that the computer just clicks? Thanks!
>> --
>> GrammyAndy

I got into it OK. I didn't know it was called set up, also. Thanks all for
your help. I haven't solved the problem but I'm working on it. Thanks!
--
GrammyAndy