Start Button name...

July 28, 2005 1:12:01 AM

Hi All,

I have Windows XP Professional i want to change rename Start Button on task
bar to my name is it possible if so pls let me know.

TIA

More about : start button

Anonymous
July 28, 2005 11:03:03 AM

this link will take you to an article with step by step directions to hack
your start button, but be warned, the first time I tried to do this, I messed
up somewhere and ended up doing a clean install...anyway, having said that...

http://www.g4tv.com/screensavers/features/339/Sarahs_Wi...

"kiran" wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have Windows XP Professional i want to change rename Start Button on task
> bar to my name is it possible if so pls let me know.
>
> TIA
Anonymous
July 28, 2005 2:11:06 PM

It's possible...I did it

"Sparda" wrote:

> "" wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I have Windows XP Professional i want to change rename Start
> > Button on task
> > bar to my name is it possible if so pls let me know.
> >
> > TIA
>
> It is posible on windows 9x and me, i dont belive this is so on 2k/xp.

> Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Perform-Maintain-Start-But...
> Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1328926

> http://www.usenet.com

Anonymous
July 29, 2005 1:09:24 AM

I wouldn't do it, but -
Change the Start Button Text

Note you can save the registry key first by:
On the File menu, click Export.
In the File name box, type SaveKey, and then click Save.
Or create a system restore point prior to editing.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;322756
HOW TO: Back Up, Edit, and Restore the Registry in Windows XP
Disclaimer: Modifying the registry can cause serious problems that may require you to
reinstall your operating system. Use the information provided at your own risk.

!