Start Button name...

Hi All,

I have Windows XP Professional i want to change rename Start Button on task
bar to my name is it possible if so pls let me know.

TIA
3 answers Last reply
More about start button name

    this link will take you to an article with step by step directions to hack
    your start button, but be warned, the first time I tried to do this, I messed
    up somewhere and ended up doing a clean install...anyway, having said that...

    http://www.g4tv.com/screensavers/features/339/Sarahs_Windows_Tweak_Hack_Your_XP_Start_Button.html

    "kiran" wrote:

    > Hi All,
    >
    > I have Windows XP Professional i want to change rename Start Button on task
    > bar to my name is it possible if so pls let me know.
    >
    > TIA

    It's possible...I did it

    "Sparda" wrote:

    > "" wrote:
    > > Hi All,
    > >
    > > I have Windows XP Professional i want to change rename Start
    > > Button on task
    > > bar to my name is it possible if so pls let me know.
    > >
    > > TIA
    >
    > It is posible on windows 9x and me, i dont belive this is so on 2k/xp.

    > Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Perform-Maintain-Start-Button-ftopict401682.html
    > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1328926

    > http://www.usenet.com

    I wouldn't do it, but -
    Change the Start Button Text

    Note you can save the registry key first by:
    On the File menu, click Export.
    In the File name box, type SaveKey, and then click Save.
    Or create a system restore point prior to editing.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;322756
    HOW TO: Back Up, Edit, and Restore the Registry in Windows XP
    Disclaimer: Modifying the registry can cause serious problems that may require you to
    reinstall your operating system. Use the information provided at your own risk.

    "kiran" <kiran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I have Windows XP Professional i want to change rename Start Button on task
    > bar to my name is it possible if so pls let me know.
    >
    > TIA

Microsoft Windows XP