Not sure if this is the right place for this but my computer is randomly
shutting down and rebooting for unknown reasons. The computer acts like
someone just hit the reset button. I have removed all spyware and the such
to be best of my knowledge by using Spybot S&D, Adaware SE, Hack-This, CW
Shredder, WinTask Pro5, and Norton AV. I've resorted to combing though the
system files and found a few files that were fragments of spyware programs
and such....deleted all those.

So now, here I am with plenty of programs to kill stuff but they have had no
effect over all. To add to this story, the error reporting pop-up sends in
a report to Microsoft and a web browser window opens to tell me that my
system suffered a crash due to a driver. By now, I'm frustrated with the
whole situation. There seem to be as many drivers in the computer as the
hairs on my head. I went to the device manager area and found something
wrong with the WAN Miniport (Network Monitor) #2 is not functioning
properly. I disable it..... no effect. Computer still experiences random
reboots.

If there is anyone out there who could help, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Alan

ajhkmr97 wrote:
> Not sure if this is the right place for this but my computer is
> randomly shutting down and rebooting for unknown reasons. The
> computer acts like someone just hit the reset button. I have removed
> all spyware and the such to be best of my knowledge by using Spybot
> S&D, Adaware SE, Hack-This, CW Shredder, WinTask Pro5, and Norton AV.
> I've resorted to combing though the system files and found a few
> files that were fragments of spyware programs and such....deleted all
> those.
> So now, here I am with plenty of programs to kill stuff but they have
> had no effect over all. To add to this story, the error reporting
> pop-up sends in a report to Microsoft and a web browser window opens
> to tell me that my system suffered a crash due to a driver. By now,
> I'm frustrated with the whole situation. There seem to be as many
> drivers in the computer as the hairs on my head. I went to the
> device manager area and found something wrong with the WAN Miniport
> (Network Monitor) #2 is not functioning properly. I disable it.....
> no effect. Computer still experiences random reboots.
>
> If there is anyone out there who could help, I'd appreciate it.

Ever thought it was a hardware issue? Hardware does go bad.

Also - since you kow it is a driver causing the reboot - I guess you updated
to the latest version for all your drivers and checked for firmware updates?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Shenan,

Yes, I did update all drivers but i'm not familiure with firmware...what is
this? As for as this being a hardware issue, I'm nor sure where to begin on
that one as to where I need to check and for what....

Thanks.