Norton can't fix Windows problem

July 29, 2005 5:59:02 PM

Running Norton System Works usually sorts out any problems I have but there
is one I can't fix. Basically it says I've got to re-install
C:\WINDOWS\system32\MAPISRVR.EXE. What the hell is that and how do I do it?!!
July 29, 2005 6:24:11 PM

Ask Norton; most folks around here do not recommend the use of Norton.

"ChrisD" <ChrisD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Running Norton System Works usually sorts out any problems I have but
> there
> is one I can't fix. Basically it says I've got to re-install
> C:\WINDOWS\system32\MAPISRVR.EXE. What the hell is that and how do I do
> it?!!
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 10:05:16 PM

Chris

Take a look at this.. http://www.uwm.edu/~bobtreat/messages/295.shtml ..
after having read it, go to Control Panel and do the decent thing.. use
ADD/REMOVE programs to remove all trace of Norton 'Anything' from your
computer..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"ChrisD" <ChrisD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Running Norton System Works usually sorts out any problems I have but
> there
> is one I can't fix. Basically it says I've got to re-install
> C:\WINDOWS\system32\MAPISRVR.EXE. What the hell is that and how do I do
> it?!!
July 30, 2005 10:50:27 AM

I have removed pre-installed Norton from my PC and replaced it with another
AV programme.
Symantec LiveUpdate is still installed. Do you recommend removing that as
well?
Alan
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 4:32:52 PM

As Mike pointed out 'remove all trace of Norton' You can just as easily
download the free version of AVG anti virus which is an excellent AV and
free at that. www.grisoft.com

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

"Alan Challoner" <oakwoodbank.ac@virgin.net> wrote in message
>I have removed pre-installed Norton from my PC and replaced it with another
>AV programme.
> Symantec LiveUpdate is still installed. Do you recommend removing that as
> well?
> Alan

August 5, 2005 6:38:10 PM

Follow instructions found here,
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320550 . It's not
hard to do.

--
Curt,
'The way is open to those who would see'

!