Running Norton System Works usually sorts out any problems I have but there
is one I can't fix. Basically it says I've got to re-install
C:\WINDOWS\system32\MAPISRVR.EXE. What the hell is that and how do I do it?!!

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Ask Norton; most folks around here do not recommend the use of Norton.

"ChrisD" <ChrisD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Running Norton System Works usually sorts out any problems I have but
> there
> is one I can't fix. Basically it says I've got to re-install
> C:\WINDOWS\system32\MAPISRVR.EXE. What the hell is that and how do I do
> it?!!

Chris

Take a look at this.. http://www.uwm.edu/~bobtreat/messages/295.shtml ..
after having read it, go to Control Panel and do the decent thing.. use
ADD/REMOVE programs to remove all trace of Norton 'Anything' from your
computer..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"ChrisD" <ChrisD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Running Norton System Works usually sorts out any problems I have but
> there
> is one I can't fix. Basically it says I've got to re-install
> C:\WINDOWS\system32\MAPISRVR.EXE. What the hell is that and how do I do
> it?!!

I have removed pre-installed Norton from my PC and replaced it with another
AV programme.
Symantec LiveUpdate is still installed. Do you recommend removing that as
well?
Alan

As Mike pointed out 'remove all trace of Norton' You can just as easily
download the free version of AVG anti virus which is an excellent AV and
free at that. www.grisoft.com

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

"Alan Challoner" <oakwoodbank.ac@virgin.net> wrote in message
>I have removed pre-installed Norton from my PC and replaced it with another
>AV programme.
> Symantec LiveUpdate is still installed. Do you recommend removing that as
> well?
> Alan

curt

Follow instructions found here,
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320550 . It's not
hard to do.

--
Curt,
'The way is open to those who would see'