Attraction players to your server.

jamethead

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012
Hey guys, i recently ordered a 10 slot dedicated Garrys Mod server, sometimes when i check its status it might have 6-8 players online, which is great!, but for 9 hours, sometimes entire days, not a single player, does anyone have idea's on how to draw attention to the server?, its actually a pretty good server, its got a perfect interment connection, and it shares two zeons with the other server's on that physical server, so any idea's where i should post? content i should add? do you guys even know what garry's mod is? XD

You can see the server here, ( when i ordered it, the GSP added it automatically to this site ) http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/103.23.148.158:6035

jamethead

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012

Thanks for your reply, Yeah your most likely right

jamethead

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012

also are you familiar with garry's mod, or just server's in general

Goldengoose

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
Get a forum setup and encourage players to go on there and post pictures/stories/video's of what you've/they've created. If you want regular users then you have to get a community. You can advertise the forum website on the spash screen which comes up when you first join a server.

Also try and get a real time chat board for the forum.

Before the server goes live you'll want to make the registration for forum accounts quick and easy to encourage people to play. Stagnant forums can also be a big turn off for a gamer looking for a regular server so create yourself loads of fake accounts and post up video's, pictures and fake chats (get your mates to help) so it looks like the forum is actually active.

You could try looking at the most regular times people go on the server then advertise special events (through mods) that will be happening at certain times. This will encourage people to come back to the server and will also encourage people to stay on after the event is done so they can build.

Just a few idea's, i know the server is only 10 man big so some of the above might not help - the event one might be a big pull in on a smaller server. Perhaps get a vent server too you can advertise. You'd have to change the password weekly however.