Where can I order a replacement power button?

Codesmith

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2003
My mothers PC has a bad power switch, its the same switch used for both power and reset in my Kingwing and Enlight cases so they seem pretty standard.

However I am having trouble locating the parts online. Maybe I should be trying an electronics store rather than a computer store?

Anyone know of a site that sells suck parts?

PS I already tried radioshack's online catalog, no joy :(

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Codesmith on 10/01/05 02:11 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Ah, the micro-switch. How much would you give me for one, with lead?

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
Just have two wires coming out of the front of the case, for that 'Ghetto Hotwire' look. Touch them together, and way-hey! it starts up... :eek:

---
<pre> (\_/)
|~~~~~|======
|_____| This was bunny. He was tasty.
/\/\/\/\</pre><p>

Codesmith

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2003
Directron seems (from what I can make out from the small picture) to sell them, but there is a $10 minimum.

I think I will yank one out of my cases and look for a switch the next time I am at a computer store.

Bare wires are a bad idea, expecially if you have the power button set to automatically shutdown your PC without asking.

I have used a radioshack curicuit board mounted to the fron t of the case for the buttons and leds, when I was too lazy to solder.

Now when I am too lazy to solder I use butt connectors.

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
Bare wires are a bad idea, expecially if you have the power button set to automatically shutdown your PC without asking.
I <i>was</i> 95% joking.... :tongue:

---
<pre> (\_/)
|~~~~~|======
|_____| This was bunny. He was tasty.
/\/\/\/\</pre><p>