Sign in with
Your question

Dragon age 2 windows 7 64 bit

Last response: in Video Games
February 19, 2012 9:46:15 PM

Hello,
Im trying to get Dragon age 2 to work on windows 7 on 64 bit but i always get this message

"C:\Windows\system32\d3dx9_43.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error"

after clicking play on the luncher, i can't find a fix and i ahve had 3 hour long live chat converstations with EV advisers who frankly sounded like they where just googling everything i golled before them

I have tried everything cludinign downloading all the Dx9 fixes for win 7 and replaced the broken file, tried every compatiblity and configuration for the game and reinstalled god knows how many time, can anyone help?

More about : dragon age windows bit

a b $ Windows 7
February 19, 2012 10:16:11 PM

Jokerahh said:
Hello,
Im trying to get Dragon age 2 to work on windows 7 on 64 bit but i always get this message

"C:\Windows\system32\d3dx9_43.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error"

after clicking play on the luncher, i can't find a fix and i ahve had 3 hour long live chat converstations with EV advisers who frankly sounded like they where just googling everything i golled before them

I have tried everything cludinign downloading all the Dx9 fixes for win 7 and replaced the broken file, tried every compatiblity and configuration for the game and reinstalled god knows how many time, can anyone help?

The specs only mention XP 32bit for Operating System.
http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=1137&ga...
m
l
a c 416 $ Windows 7
February 19, 2012 11:38:55 PM

This topic has been moved from the section Windows 7 to section Video Games by Area51reopened
m
l
Related resources
February 20, 2012 2:09:14 AM

Just to let you know, I've been playing Dragon Age II on Win 7 64bit with no issue. You might be able to go into the bin and run the configurer and set it to Dx11 which should bypass the Dx9 check.

btw, what does your system look like?
m
l
March 1, 2012 5:06:46 AM

Yeah iv tried the differnt configs and setting it to DirextX 11 (which is installed as i use it on many other games) but still gives same message (seems to not want to use direct X 11 for some reason) oddly enough origins and mass effect 3 demo work fine so i don't get it.

this is a stupid question but what do you mean what dose my system look like ?
m
l
March 1, 2012 5:28:44 AM

Describe all the components of your system.
m
l
March 1, 2012 6:44:42 AM

Well i don't really know my way around a computer but i can tell you it's window 7 64 bit, GPU is a AMD readon 6700 HD series, its an Asus quad core 3.3GHZ mother board and has 8GB of memory, but thats about all i know what other info would you need and where do i look for it?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
March 1, 2012 2:52:42 PM

sounds like a corrupted dx installation. afaik, dx9 43 came out long after DA2, so try deleting the file, check your folder to see that you have _41 or _42, the game should use those then.

if that doesn't work, find the dx installation on the DA2 cd and install it.
m
l
March 2, 2012 3:05:46 AM

Okay well this is odd, even with the file gone it still gives me the same message, and iv tried the DX installtion on the disk (or on the installer directy folder thing in program files as its a digital download) lots of times, dosn't help,

this problem makes now sense this computer should run it perfectly
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
March 2, 2012 2:46:25 PM

have you run regcleaner? I think the company is called piriform. it's free to use.

install the program and run it go to registry section and check all checkboxes, then click scan for issues. The program is rather rudimentary but it doesn't clean up rather well.

Other than that, short of contacting Bioware support, I'd try to do a reinstall of windows.
m
l
March 2, 2012 4:50:55 PM

Make sure to backup your registry first. You don't want a disaster to happen.
m
l
March 2, 2012 8:19:17 PM

Maybe also try running it in compatability mode with XP(sp3) from the file properties compatability tab?
m
l
!