[EQ2] Tradeskill & wholesaler societies

Ok, call me dense, but I just realized that there is a difference between
tradeskill and wholesaler societies, but I still don't completely
understand it all.

Certain societies just wouldn't let me join when I approached. I now
understand those to be the class specific tradeskill societies. The
societies I *have* been able to join prior to tradeskill level 10 on
various characters, must have been wholesaler societies.

Aside from the specialization and level difference aspects, what's the
difference between the two? Are the class specifice society instances
pretty much the same as the wholesaler instances regarding functionality
and the way quests are offered?

Lastly, as I understand it, each trade society will grow (in status?
viability?) as more members complete tradeskill quests and reach higher
levels, making more quests and tradeskill recipes/components available
there. Does that just mean that the higher level craftsmen will see higher
level stuff on the tradeskill merchants and receive higher level quests?
Otherwise is this standing displayed anywhere? Is there any reason to
choose one society over another?

--
Rumble
-- Benjamin Franklin

    Rumbledor <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> wrote in

    > Ok, call me dense, but I just realized that there is a difference
    > between tradeskill and wholesaler societies, but I still don't
    > completely understand it all.
    >
    > Certain societies just wouldn't let me join when I approached. I now
    > understand those to be the class specific tradeskill societies. The
    > societies I *have* been able to join prior to tradeskill level 10 on
    > various characters, must have been wholesaler societies.
    >
    > Aside from the specialization and level difference aspects, what's the
    > difference between the two? Are the class specifice society instances
    > pretty much the same as the wholesaler instances regarding
    > functionality and the way quests are offered?

    The difference is the tasks you will be assigned (make 10 of item X vs
    collect Y of item X), and the items available for sale. In particular,
    the level 10 and higher recipe books for the specific classes that can
    join the society are sold.

    > Lastly, as I understand it, each trade society will grow (in status?
    > viability?) as more members complete tradeskill quests and reach
    > higher levels, making more quests and tradeskill recipes/components
    > available there. Does that just mean that the higher level craftsmen
    > will see higher level stuff on the tradeskill merchants and receive
    > higher level quests? Otherwise is this standing displayed anywhere? Is
    > there any reason to choose one society over another?

    You can see the standing by looking at your societies window. I am not
    100% certain of how it functions, whether everyone sees the same items
    based on the level of the society, or it is based on the amount of status
    an individual has with the society.

    --
    On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

    On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
    Graeme, 21 Dwarven Mystic, 20 Sage
    Aviv, 9 Gnome Fighter, 11 Craftsman

    On 21 Jan 2005 15:07:29 GMT, Graeme Faelban wrote:

    >You can see the standing by looking at your societies window. I am not
    >100% certain of how it functions, whether everyone sees the same items
    >based on the level of the society, or it is based on the amount of status
    >an individual has with the society.

    Both, I believe. The society level determines the total set of available
    items, but some may not be offered to you if your status is too low. At
    least that's how it works for guilds and faction merchants.
    --
    Henrik Dissing
    Vork - Dwarven Guardian and Weaponsmith on Highkeep

    (e-mail: hendis AT post DOT tele DOT dk)

Games Video Games