Compaq Presario 5WV294 Recovery Problem

My wifes computer was having a problem in that it would go to the sign on
(XP Professional), and then reboot after you sign on. I took the 40Gig
Drive and put it in slot 2, and bought a new 80Gig Seagate Drive and put it
in slot 1. I then used the 3 disk CD recovery set and loaded it on the new
drive (or so I thought). The computer works fine down, but I noticed that
all my information is gone off the slot 2 drive (original drive) . I
originally had planned to move her files over to the new drive and also her
address book, and email and use the old drive for storage. Does the
recovery disk format the second drive also? If not, what do I need to do
to see this data now?
4 answers Last reply
More about compaq presario 5wv294 recovery problem

    What version of windows in on the recovery cd?

    "Robert W. Rafferty" <rafferty@san.rr.com> wrote in message
    > My wifes computer was having a problem in that it would go to the sign on
    > (XP Professional), and then reboot after you sign on. I took the 40Gig
    > Drive and put it in slot 2, and bought a new 80Gig Seagate Drive and put
    it
    > in slot 1. I then used the 3 disk CD recovery set and loaded it on the
    new
    > drive (or so I thought). The computer works fine down, but I noticed that
    > all my information is gone off the slot 2 drive (original drive) . I
    > originally had planned to move her files over to the new drive and also
    her
    > address book, and email and use the old drive for storage. Does the
    > recovery disk format the second drive also? If not, what do I need to
    do
    > to see this data now?

    6.0.2600

    "TerryNC" <superman@hotNOTSOmail.com> wrote in message
    > What version of windows in on the recovery cd?
    >
    > "Robert W. Rafferty" <rafferty@san.rr.com> wrote in message
    > > My wifes computer was having a problem in that it would go to the sign
    on
    > > (XP Professional), and then reboot after you sign on. I took the 40Gig
    > > Drive and put it in slot 2, and bought a new 80Gig Seagate Drive and put
    > it
    > > in slot 1. I then used the 3 disk CD recovery set and loaded it on the
    > new
    > > drive (or so I thought). The computer works fine down, but I noticed
    that
    > > all my information is gone off the slot 2 drive (original drive) . I
    > > originally had planned to move her files over to the new drive and also
    > her
    > > address book, and email and use the old drive for storage. Does the
    > > recovery disk format the second drive also? If not, what do I need to
    > do
    > > to see this data now?

    Is it XP

    > 6.0.2600
    >
    > "TerryNC" <superman@hotNOTSOmail.com> wrote in message
    > > What version of windows in on the recovery cd?
    > >
    > > "Robert W. Rafferty" <rafferty@san.rr.com> wrote in message
    > > > My wifes computer was having a problem in that it would go to the sign
    > on
    > > > (XP Professional), and then reboot after you sign on. I took the
    40Gig
    > > > Drive and put it in slot 2, and bought a new 80Gig Seagate Drive and
    put
    > > it
    > > > in slot 1. I then used the 3 disk CD recovery set and loaded it on
    the
    > > new
    > > > drive (or so I thought). The computer works fine down, but I noticed
    > that
    > > > all my information is gone off the slot 2 drive (original drive) . I
    > > > originally had planned to move her files over to the new drive and
    also
    > > her
    > > > address book, and email and use the old drive for storage. Does
    the
    > > > recovery disk format the second drive also? If not, what do I need
    > > do
    > > > to see this data now?

    Yes, XP Home Edition

    > Is it XP
    >
    > "Robert W. Rafferty" <rafferty@san.rr.com> wrote in message
    > > 6.0.2600
    > >
    > > "TerryNC" <superman@hotNOTSOmail.com> wrote in message
    > > > What version of windows in on the recovery cd?
    > > >
    > > > "Robert W. Rafferty" <rafferty@san.rr.com> wrote in message
    > > on
    > 40Gig
    > put