Disk Defragmenter Won't Work

When I try to open and run my disk defragmenter, a message comes up with the
following:

"MMC cannot open the file C:/WINDOWS/system32/dfrg.msc.

This may be because the file does not exist, is not as MMC console, or was
created by a later version of MMC. This may also be because you do not have
sufficient rights to the files."

I really have no idea what this means.

See if these commands help, from Start-Run:

regsvr32 msxml3
regsvr32 dfrgsnap

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP