Wii u and xbox 720 comparison understanding?

Drazhar

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009
this is what i dont understand..

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/wii-u-is-actually-50-more-powerful-than-ps3---report/

going by what everyone says about the Wii U's power.. (its 50% more powerful than the Xbox 360)

and then going by what others say about xbox 720's alleged power.. (6 times more powerful than the xbox 360.. which ='s 600%)

now going by what they say about the Wii's power vs the 720.. (720 will be 20% more powerful than the Wii).

all these numbers dont add up.. if the 720 will indeed be 6x's the power of the 360, and the wii is 50% more powerful than the 360, how is it that the 720 will only be 20% more powerful than the Wii? it should be 450%, no?

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
All those Percentages are based in rumors and can't be used as facts.

Stop wondering about rumors, normally consoles are made with the minimum graphical power to work every game that will be release and maintain the low price, who would buy a console for $2000? that is why they have to optimize the console to work at every games with low graphics.

you can see when they announced that the new xbox would use a mid-range ati graphics card would be six times more powerfull, also the price will be higher, so probably they will be changing ideas until they can find a cheap/performance console they will take some time to release the new xbox because most of games can still be played, and since the console public do not care about graphics, just performance gameplay, why would they need to change it right now?

Well just saying that these 20% higher are still rumons and when the new console is released i think none of those numbers will be true; (can be higher or lower)

Drazhar

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009

for me, i am so bored playing the same console, been playing xbox 360 for going on 7 years now and the Ps3 for 5+

i LOVE! it when new powerhouses are launched lol.. and i cant wait for a new one..

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011

What is powerhouses? sorry my english is poor.