500 dollar gaming pc help

BrianGon

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2005
Hi, I'm thinking of building the 500 collar pc in the how-to section with slight differences. This my first time building a pc and I have a few questions. Like how do I know if the RAM i selected will be compatible with the motherboard? I picked a OCZ premier 2x512mb pack instead of the corsair value. Finally what about cases? Are there some cases out there where the power supply will not fit in the case? Should I be worried about that?

Thanks.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Most of the name brand stuff on the market today works together. If you have a problem, contact the vender and tell them what the problem is, because this stuff is SUPPOSED to work together.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

BrianGon

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2005
A few questions I forgot to ask, is it ok to use my old compaq 5000's computer case? It's five years old but it should accomodate an ATX board, or are the risers in proprietary positions? If not what case would you recommend, I just need a simple case, doesnt have to be fancy, but has to be straight forward to set up. Oh, and just one more question is a 330W powersupply all the power i need? What kind of future upgrades would require me to have more watts?