Activation Problem Loop...

I activated Windows XP (home edition) on my computer about 2 months ago.
About 5 days ago when logging in it would say "Windows needs to be activated
in 3 days. To activate now click yes" I click yes I get a pop-up that says
"Your windows has already been activated. Click ok to continue" I click ok
and it logs me off... It's been about 5 days now, and I can't seem to get
around it. Any help it greatly appreciated.

Possible Resolution:

Boot into "Safe Mode" by pressing (F8) during a reboot.

Go to Start > Run and type: regsvr32 regwizc.dll , and hit enter.
Then go again to Start > Run and type: regsvr32 licdll.dll , and hit enter again.

Apparently, and I can't say how, the above files became unregistered.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"LNelms" wrote:

| I activated Windows XP (home edition) on my computer about 2 months ago.
| About 5 days ago when logging in it would say "Windows needs to be activated
| in 3 days. To activate now click yes" I click yes I get a pop-up that says
| "Your windows has already been activated. Click ok to continue" I click ok
| and it logs me off... It's been about 5 days now, and I can't seem to get
| around it. Any help it greatly appreciated.

I can't get to the start menu, when I start in safe mode it still doesn't let
me log on, it says "This Windows must be activated before you can log on.
Windows cannot be activated in safe mode. Please restart your computer in
normal mode."

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Possible Resolution:
>
> Boot into "Safe Mode" by pressing (F8) during a reboot.
>
> Go to Start > Run and type: regsvr32 regwizc.dll , and hit enter.
> Then go again to Start > Run and type: regsvr32 licdll.dll , and hit enter again.
>
> Apparently, and I can't say how, the above files became unregistered.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "LNelms" wrote:
>
> | I activated Windows XP (home edition) on my computer about 2 months ago.
> | About 5 days ago when logging in it would say "Windows needs to be activated
> | in 3 days. To activate now click yes" I click yes I get a pop-up that says
> | "Your windows has already been activated. Click ok to continue" I click ok
> | and it logs me off... It's been about 5 days now, and I can't seem to get
> | around it. Any help it greatly appreciated.

On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 11:31:12 -0500, "Carey Frisch [MVP]"
<cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> wrote:

>Apparently, and I can't say how, the above files became unregistered.

I do all my registering/unregistering in normal mode.

--
Cheers,

Guy

i have problem like that ...but my pc cannot go to safe mode, wat else can do,tnx for reply!

TRENDING THREADS