1. Get a $1000 laptop
2. Turn it on its side
3. plugin in keyboard, mouse, monitor.
4. ??
5. Acer Revo 100

bsbsbsbs

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010
Only the dumbest of the dumb (or the filthy rich) would consider buying this. I want to stand at the counter when one of these are purchased and quote dumb and dumber quotes.

drjt87

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
[citation][nom]bsbsbsbs[/nom]Only the dumbest of the dumb (or the filthy rich) would consider buying this. I want to stand at the counter when one of these are purchased and quote dumb and dumber quotes.[/citation]

So basically Apple fanboys?

G

"But can it run Crysis?"

Seriously, put a apple stick on top, call it iSlim, sell it to 1,200 and you're done: selling as hot cake.

tramit

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
[citation][nom]drjt87[/nom]So basically Apple fanboys?[/citation]
No not Apple fanboys, why would they get this when the Mac Mini starts at 699?! I think they Apple fanboys would be smarter than whoever purchases this since this thing makes a Mac mini seem like a better deal.

G

Six hundred UK pounds including VAT usually equates to a US street price of $599. Europeans generally pay more for electronic items.

At $599 I could see this appealing to high street consumers wanting a HTPC.

liveonc

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
If people like the look, they wouldn't be the first to pay too much for the specs, but ACER is still something people consider to be cheap, even though the had a go with that Ferrari thing. Would it sell better if they put another name on it?

xi1inx

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2009
I feel it to have the case quality of a Mac. Choose a proper sized laptop mainboard with hdmi and fit it in the ps2 slim et woilà!.

The Macbook and Mac mini logicboard with cooling system should fit in it properly.

xi1inx

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2009
Typo!!! I feel it to have not the case quality of a Mac. Plastic case is always like a tupperware plate for me!!!

Drag0nR1der

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2007
The pricing info is way out.

That conversion from £ to $ may be technically correct, but electronic goods generally cost above the conversion rate over here in the uk compared to their US counterparts... often you find that the US$ value isn't far off the UK£ value. I expect you'll see it for significantly less than $1000

Status
Not open for further replies.