virtual memory

Hello,
I have windows XP PRO with Service pack 2. My system is showing low
virtual memory. I tried increasing the memory to the maximum of 4096MB,
because message is showing that I can increase it to the maximum of 4096Mb.
Then again it is showing low virtual memory. what should I do.

Thank you

Hi

Please have a look at the following article by the late Alex Nichol:

"Virtual Memory in Windows XP"
http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpvm.php

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"anoop" <anoop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I have windows XP PRO with Service pack 2. My system is showing low
> virtual memory. I tried increasing the memory to the maximum of 4096MB,
> because message is showing that I can increase it to the maximum of
> 4096Mb.
> Then again it is showing low virtual memory. what should I do.
>
> Thank you

Youre best bet is to set to"let windows manage" then click set 2X then close
out,a restart is prompted if set right...You might chk out:555223 At
microsoft.
com for Ram,Virtual Memory,Pagefile...