Sign in with
Your question

Can't connect speaker ( case to motherboard )

Last response: in Components
October 30, 2005 5:37:47 PM

I have bought a new case ( codegen ). However there's no speaker cable ( 4 pins, one red one black on the end ). There are 7 cables labeled.

AUD_FPOUT_L
AUD_FPOUT_R
AUD_RET_L
AUD_RET_R
GND
MIC
MIC BIAS

I can't boot up so i need to hear my bios beeps for trouble shooting.
a c 158 ) Power supply
October 30, 2005 6:23:27 PM

Read the FAQ in the motherboards section. There are great tips for t/s a new build that won't start. First thing to look for is the mobo grounding on the case. The mobo manual should tell you which pins are for the case speaker. If you don't have it, then d/l it from the mfrs website.

*Steam rising*
|<font color=red>(\__/)</font color=red>|
|<font color=red>(='.'=)</font color=red>|
|<font color=red>(")_(")</font color=red>|
~~~~~
BUNNY STEW FOR DINNER!!
a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2005 1:16:19 AM

Most newer cases don't have speakers. Most newer motherboards have a miniature speaker built in. Some boards use an audio message rather than a speaker beep, you need speakers or heaphones to the onboard audio to hear that.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
October 31, 2005 12:52:32 PM

read the mobo faq. no problem with the motherboard. the system booted after connecting rams again and again.

could not find the manual in elitegroup website ( poor support ), still couldn't connect the speaker cables.
!