Standby/Hibernate don't work

How can I get this working again? Graphics card Radeon 7500 and latest driver. SP2 installed.
Thanks for any advice
-
Replace 'invalid' with 'net' to reply.

Found the answer! It was the quickstart icon for the AverTV DVB-T USB2.0 tuner in the notification area of the toolbar
that was the problem. Having got rid of it Standby works again.
Thanks to anyone who has been working up a reply.