Crankshaft Accelerates Chrome 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpgplayer

Distinguished
May 27, 2010
[citation][nom]awaken688[/nom]Does IE have as much vertical space as Chrome yet? I love how much of the webpage I can see on Chrome on my laptop.[/citation]
it's all in what toolbars you choose to show, you can minimize just about any browser down to a tab bar and an address bar if you so choose.

westerbamos

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009
[citation][nom]rpgplayer[/nom]it's all in what toolbars you choose to show, you can minimize just about any browser down to a tab bar and an address bar if you so choose.[/citation]
chrome still shows more of the webpage, as the tabs are integrated into the top of the window which saves quite a bit of space.

bunz_of_steel

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
If it's IE it Suk$ major A$$! I don't care how good or how many features it has. I ONLY use IE when I have to. I know there are ppl who swear by IE and alota ppl use it and that's fine. As for me I"m a steadfast FF/Chrome/Opera guy. IE can be faster than all of them but like my wife says ....... yeah but still LOL. It's going to take A WHOLE LOT more than speed to get me to use IE.

TSM

G

funny how opera runs usually faster than anything but all the "tekkssavvy" in here doesnt even talk about it....

svdb

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
It's only when you start to develop full blown web sites and RIAs that you realize how much IE sucked and continues to suck even with IE9, not when you use it to merely browse TomsHardware.

Silmarunya

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
It's not because IE 9 is now near the top of the pack in one area, it's a contender for being the fastest browser all round.I notice the speed difference between Opera 11 and Chrome 10 and the rest of the pack clearly. Still, I'm happy for all IE users.

Isn't that entire race for being the fastest in JS performance a bit idiotic? It's all round performance that matters...

I personally use Opera, but I still enjoy Chrome. Too bad it's made (or in Chromium's case, funded) by Google, a company I don't like at all. I'll continue using Opera, a web browser that doesn't take up any more disk space than FF, despite having a built in torrent client, a far more polished interface and many other extra's.

Even better, Opera is the fastest browser on the market (okay, I fail to notice the difference with Chrome subjectively, but in Peacekeeper Opera leads by quite a margin).

iamtheking123

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
My loyalty will always be with Firefox. Been using it since before version 1.0, and it's plenty fast enough in the real world. What I don't like is how Chrome calls every minor update a new version. By this time next year they'll be up to version 20, and I've gotten tired of trying to keep it up to date.

I like how a topic of Chrome 10 turns into a full-on IE9 hate from people who's probably used it for 10 minutes.

Anyway, good for Chrome users...keep it going. I'm perfectly happy using my IE9 here.

lobais

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2010
Isn't that entire race for being the fastest in JS performance a bit idiotic? It's all round performance that matters...
As long as js is slower than C, some developers will use it as an excuse not to do webapps.
Google is in the entire brower race exactly to boost the marked for webapps (where they make their money) and hence they need to show everybody just how fast js can be.

bto

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2010
[citation][nom]bunz_of_steel[/nom]If it's IE it Suk$ major A$$! I don't care how good or how many features it has. I ONLY use IE when I have to. I know there are ppl who swear by IE and alota ppl use it and that's fine. As for me I"m a steadfast FF/Chrome/Opera guy.

TSM[/citation]

I don't how someone can say they are "strictly a fan of 3 different browsers, what a nightmare and adding a 4th (ie) when neccesary... that's rediculous. One thing about ie, it's always got compatability pulling for it, and if it's just as fast... why juggle 4 browsers.. that's extremely hardcore about.. surfing? Just to get .05 seconds faster web page loading. When it mostly relies on the isp/file sharing/junk your running on the pc and the antivirus, tweak any one of the other things and you can gain full seconds That's reality.

As far as browsing goes, nothing annoys me more online than a website that is dysfunctional because they didn't code it for 10 different browsers browsers and having to switch back to one you know works "when needed"

/end rant

cushgod

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2008
Load my.ucf.edu with Chrome and IE9 , tell me who wins. IE9 crashess if I resize window with video in it.... LAME. Goodbye Microsoft you FAIL!!

bto

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2010
[citation][nom]Cushgod[/nom]Load my.ucf.edu with Chrome and IE9 , tell me who wins. IE9 crashess if I resize window with video in it.... LAME. Goodbye Microsoft you FAIL!![/citation]
IE9 is still beta, I'd hope they would not release it if it still had problems

mouettus

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2010
I use FF4 daily and love it (adblock plus + bookmarks bar + clean UI). For me, they are all speedy (I've tried them all). Something tho... is that IE never fails on me. When a site doesn't show up right, I launch IE and everything's fine.

Chrome can be as fast as it wants. as long as it's not lightyears ahead I won't care because I hate the UI and the company.

bto

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2010
I can't stand not being able to right click on a webpage in chrome to create a shortcut to desktop, that makes me angry/green. Hopefully they'll add a shell option for it, why not? it's so easy to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.