Windows XP USB 2 Driver Downloads

I have just installed Windows XP Professional with SP 2 on my computer. My
USB are only 1.1 , and I want to change them to USB 2. I was told to download
the latest drivers from Windows. Where can I find the latest driver for a USB
2. Can I install a later edition of Service Pack 2 even though I already have
SP on my computer. Would this upgrade the USB 1.1 drivers to a USB 2.
Is it possible to just find the Driver I require and download this by
itself.HOW
Thanks

You can't upgrade to USB 2.0 by simply getting the drivers. You have to have
a USB 2.0 card installed on your machine.

"Pedrod" <magicman1959@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have just installed Windows XP Professional with SP 2 on my computer. My
> USB are only 1.1 , and I want to change them to USB 2. I was told to
> download
> the latest drivers from Windows. Where can I find the latest driver for a
> USB
> 2. Can I install a later edition of Service Pack 2 even though I already
> have
> SP on my computer. Would this upgrade the USB 1.1 drivers to a USB 2.
> Is it possible to just find the Driver I require and download this by
> itself.HOW
> Thanks

You need tp check in Device Manager USB section so as to see if you have an
"enhanced" USB controller. If you do not, you can not install USB 2 drivers
in hopes of converting USB 1.1 ports to USB 2.0. You also need the hardware
for USB 2.0.