the tweak ui "New" tab disappeared!

Hi.

Strangely, the "New" tab is no longer available when I open the TweakUI...

I tried to uninstall the app using "Add/Remove programs", but it says that
it was already uninstalled - so I removed its entry from "Add/Remove
programs". After this I just deleted the .CPL entry from C:\WINDOWS\system32,
and made a search to remove all the files named "tweakui" from the computer.
I cleaned the registry with a specific program and re-booted.

Then I re-installed TweakUI, but the problem persists: the tab "New" is gone.
Am I missing something?

This trouble is annoying, because there are some filetypes that I can't
create anymore from right click -> new, and I can't edit this setting anymore.

Can someone please help?

Thanks is advance!

------------------------------------
G. C. Webster®
(aka Guilherme C. Webster)
RS - Brazil
------------------------------------

There are no tabs in TweakUI version 2.10.0.0.

TweakUI XP screen shot
http://www.snapfiles.com/screenshots/tweakuixp.htm

Are you trying to get to Templates?

Templates
[[When you right click and select the New menu, certain files can be created
automatically. This list allows you to delete certain types as well as
create new types.]]

TweakUI | Templates

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:C364BE53-844B-4304-BFC9-9B9EFCE2E5BA@microsoft.com,
G. C. Webster® <G. C. Webster®@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and
pecked:
> Hi.
>
> Strangely, the "New" tab is no longer available when I open the TweakUI...
>
> I tried to uninstall the app using "Add/Remove programs", but it says that
> it was already uninstalled - so I removed its entry from "Add/Remove
> programs". After this I just deleted the .CPL entry from
> C:\WINDOWS\system32, and made a search to remove all the files named
> "tweakui" from the computer. I cleaned the registry with a specific
> program and re-booted.
>
> Then I re-installed TweakUI, but the problem persists: the tab "New" is
> gone. Am I missing something?
>
> This trouble is annoying, because there are some filetypes that I can't
> create anymore from right click -> new, and I can't edit this setting
> anymore.
>
> Can someone please help?
>
> Thanks is advance!
>
> ------------------------------------
> G. C. Webster®
> (aka Guilherme C. Webster)
> RS - Brazil
> ------------------------------------

Hi.

I'm using TweakUI 1.33, it has a "New" tab (Is there a way to post images on
this newsgroup?). Take a look:

http://www.atmarkit.co.jp/fwin2k/win2ktips/089tweakui/tweakui011.gif

Yes, you're right: I'm trying to get to templates.

Cheers,

G. C. Webster®
(aka Guilherme C. Webster)
RS - Brazil