Sign in with
Your question

Realtek 8100 10/100 NIC

Last response: in Components
September 27, 2002 10:30:42 PM

I have an ABIT IT7 mainboard with an onboard Realtek 10/100 NIC. The system runs Windows CP SP1. Although the card is enabled it says that the network cable is unplugged which it isn't. I am attempting to connect two PCs and I am using a cross-over cable. Has anyone come across this?

More about : realtek 8100 100 nic

September 30, 2002 3:44:49 PM

First make sure you have TCP/IP installed and bound to the interface. To test this, ping the IP number of PC from the other, make each PC ping it's own IP and make each PC ping 127.0.0.1 This is a loopback IP and tests the workability of your TCP/IP setup. Assuming the latter two tests worked, your fine and it's a PC to PC issue.

<b><font color=blue>~ <A HREF="http://www.btvillarin.com/phpBB/index.php" target="_new">Anyone looked in here yet?</A> ~<font color=blue></b> :wink:
October 2, 2002 12:15:29 PM

when you boot the pc(s) do the connection lights come on at all? generally if theres no light, and/or windows reports an unplugged cable, its more often than not a faulty cable/card.

If they squeeze olives to get olive oil, how do they get baby oil?
Related resources
Anonymous
November 8, 2002 10:25:08 PM

I had the exact same problem w/ my LAN using Realtek. Never solved the problem, just changed to a different NIC brand (3COM) and it worked w/ a hub. Realtek cards can have major problems w/ ALi or AMI chipsets I heard somewhere, so try updating your BIOS if that helps at all.
November 16, 2002 6:44:21 AM

Hey man,

Did you manange to solve the problem ????

I have a similar problem my self ....
!