Windows XP Freeze for 2-3 minutes after dial-up connection..

Hi
I have the following problem:
My Windows XP HOME SP2 freeze for 2-3 minutes after I have established a
dial-up connection. The status bar is locked, nothing can be selected from
there. I can't open Outlook, receive or send mails if Outlook had been
started up before, internet explorer doesn't start up, also the task manager
doesn't start up. The only thing which seems to be working: when internet
explorer was already running, i can browse. After 2-3 minutes all keyboard
input is processed, and all the applications are starting up !
Automatic updates of my kaspersky anti virus software or windows xp update
are not running. They are set to manual.
What can it be ? In the event log I find no errors for the respective time.
Best regards
Udo

Hi

After searching other forums I found the same problem, I have:
http://www.informationsarchiv.net/foren/beitrag-7339.html

Downloaded tasklist.exe --> first service was 6to4 --> on the command prompt
I entered: ipv6 uninstall
==> Problem seems to be gone !

Can anybody tell me if I need a newer ipv6 ? What's behind it ?

Regards
Udo

"Udo" wrote:

> Hi
> I have the following problem:
> My Windows XP HOME SP2 freeze for 2-3 minutes after I have established a
> dial-up connection. The status bar is locked, nothing can be selected from
> there. I can't open Outlook, receive or send mails if Outlook had been
> started up before, internet explorer doesn't start up, also the task manager
> doesn't start up. The only thing which seems to be working: when internet
> explorer was already running, i can browse. After 2-3 minutes all keyboard
> input is processed, and all the applications are starting up !
> Automatic updates of my kaspersky anti virus software or windows xp update
> are not running. They are set to manual.
> What can it be ? In the event log I find no errors for the respective time.
> Best regards
> Udo

I had teh same problem and it was so helpful, thank you.
But I usually go back to see what has happened. I reinstalled the ipv6 but
the freezing moments are gone! I didn't do anything just uninstalled the ipv6
and reinstalled it the next day and still the problem is gone.
Any explanation?