I am having major problems with my PC. Scans indicate hundreds of errors at
a severe level that need immediate repair. My system is crashing
continuously. Can anyone recommend a good repair site? I've researched so
many and I can't tell which is the best for the price. Some I have looked at
are:
Errornuker.com
Pctools.com/registry-mechanic
HelpWithMypc.net
1ClickPcFix.com
FixComputerErrors.com
RegistryFix.Com
Any and all opinions are greatly appreciated and thanks in advance!

All you need is your Windows XP CD and proceed with
a "Repair Install" (FREE).

Utilize the following recommended regime:

http://support.microsoft.com/?­id=827315

Download Ad-aware SE and scan your PC for the presence of sp­yware:

Symantec Security Check
http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=ie&venid=sym&plfid=23&pkj=YVXRORVWHFHMFNZMBBX

Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en

Antivirus software: Frequently asked questions
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/antivirus.mspx

Install Avast! antivirus program (FREE)

3 Simple Steps to Help Ensure the Protection of Your PC
http://www.microsoft.com/athom­e/security/protect/default.msp­x

Utilize the following maintenance programs, at least monthly,
to maintain the optimum performance of Windows XP:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310312&Product=winxp

How to Perform Disk Error Checking in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315265&Product=winxp

HOW TO: Analyze and Defragment a Disk in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305781&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Lisa" wrote:

| I am having major problems with my PC. Scans indicate hundreds of errors at
| a severe level that need immediate repair. My system is crashing
| continuously. Can anyone recommend a good repair site? I've researched so
| many and I can't tell which is the best for the price. Some I have looked at
| are:
| Errornuker.com
| Pctools.com/registry-mechanic
| HelpWithMypc.net
| 1ClickPcFix.com
| FixComputerErrors.com
| RegistryFix.Com
| Any and all opinions are greatly appreciated and thanks in advance!

What "scans" are indicating "hundreds of errors at a severe level"? And what
is the nature of these so-called errors?

If your system is crashing, are you seeing a blue colored screen? (It may
just flash by for a fraction of a second.)

Several of the web sites you have listed below are well-known scams. Don't
fall for them.

Something to try before posting again: Remove all viruses and spyware from
your computer. Let us know if you are not completely clear on how to do
this. (It's not usually easy to do.)

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

"Lisa" <No@Spamallowed.com> wrote in message
> I am having major problems with my PC. Scans indicate hundreds of errors
at
> a severe level that need immediate repair. My system is crashing
> continuously. Can anyone recommend a good repair site? I've researched so
> many and I can't tell which is the best for the price. Some I have looked
at
> are:
> Errornuker.com
> Pctools.com/registry-mechanic
> HelpWithMypc.net
> 1ClickPcFix.com
> FixComputerErrors.com
> RegistryFix.Com
> Any and all opinions are greatly appreciated and thanks in advance!

Randy

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2003

Lisa;

If you are getting pop-ups (and it sounds like you are) then you need to
turn off messenger in Administrative tools/services. You really don't have
all the errors it says. This is not MS Messenger or MSN Messenger but a tool
that spammers use under Windows XP. If you don't know how to turn it off
just ask here and someone can help you.
Is this a new system or a new install of XP? I just reinstalled XP and
forgot about the messenger thing and was freaking out with all the warning
till I remembered and turned the thing off and all is well.

Randy