VX4500 and headset question

Last response: in Network Providers
January 22, 2005 12:58:30 PM

Is there any magic to making the headset work? I have a
Plantronics mx150 and when I plug it into the phone neither
the earpiece or the mike work. I've looked through the
phone manual, but can't find any reference to setting up a
headset. I checked on Amazon.com that this headset is
compatible with the vx4500. I guess the headset could be
defective, but perhaps I'm just missing something?
January 22, 2005 5:28:26 PM

"Swingman" <sbt@silcom.com> wrote in message
> Is there any magic to making the headset work? I have a
> Plantronics mx150 and when I plug it into the phone neither
> the earpiece or the mike work. I've looked through the
> phone manual, but can't find any reference to setting up a
> headset. I checked on Amazon.com that this headset is
> compatible with the vx4500. I guess the headset could be
> defective, but perhaps I'm just missing something?

Shouldn't be. The only time I have had trouble like that it was because a
headset was never used with the phone. So dirt/stuff had found its way into
the jack. I had to reinsert the plug a dozen times to finally make contact.
!