Sign in with
Your question

Windows wont start

Last response: in Windows 7
October 8, 2010 8:18:38 PM

windows 7 oem 64
2 x 1tb sata discs.
they became one disc of 2tb. i made partition in windows and on one of them (physically dont know which one it is) i keep files on the other one is only data. its all 1 week so not much of installed. but i had to change something and had to disconnect the cables of the hard drives. now the bios starts, then comes the window loading operating system and nothing happens. what can i do/?
tnx

More about : windows wont start

a b $ Windows 7
October 8, 2010 10:08:58 PM

Sounds like you created a raid-0 with the disks and when you had a fiddle broke the raid.

Use your motherboards raid setup utility to recreate, you may be lucky and get all your stuff back if you tell it not to format it after you create it.
a b $ Windows 7
October 9, 2010 2:32:12 AM

Have you tried swapping the two data leads around?
Related resources
October 9, 2010 9:35:01 AM

nope, i did disconnect them but connected them to their ports. do you think i should try to swap them? what i had in mind to do is to take the drives out, connect them via sata-usb addopter to my other computer, and hopefully if the data is still there copy it to the old computer, put the drives back in the new pc and reinstall everything. it all started when i tried to update the drivers for my ati hd5770 in order to get full hd pic on my tv. somehow (read i did it somehow) i deleted drivers but along with those usb drivers were deleted and i got msg hardware problem. hopefully after reinstall everything will be back as it was, cause if not, i have to send back the parts to the shop, wait to get new ones.... etc etc... :fou:  :fou:  :fou:  just trying to be creative, i face my stupidity
October 9, 2010 12:18:47 PM

das_stig said:
Sounds like you created a raid-0 with the disks and when you had a fiddle broke the raid.

Use your motherboards raid setup utility to recreate, you may be lucky and get all your stuff back if you tell it not to format it after you create it.

thanks for the answer. anyway do you think reinstalling the windows completely even the price of loosing the data would fix the problem?
especially cause it reports hardware problem (i have other post running on motherboard and memory forum connected with this problem)
!