Can't Get CTRL-ALT-DEL

Hello, I can't bring up the task manager (CTRL-ALT-DEL) on my computer. I've
scanned for spyware and such with Ad-Aware, Spybot, and McAfee VirusScan.
Anyone know the problem?
--
Custom Built
XP SP2

    Any error message?

    Error Message: "Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator"
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/Taskmanager_error.htm

    See if one of these will work.

    Ctrl + Shift + Esc
    or
    Right click the Taskbar | Task Manager
    or
    Start | Run | Type: taskmgr | OK

    Ctrl + Alt + Delete opens the Windows Security window if the Welcome screen
    is turned off.

    Does it just flash for a second?

    Task Manager, MSCONFIG, or REGEDIT disappear while opening
    http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/ToolsQuit.htm

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:0CB42FCE-3AFF-4D1C-89D4-1EDE01F47476@microsoft.com,
    pcuser <ckozkid@comcast.nospam> hunted and pecked:
    > Hello, I can't bring up the task manager (CTRL-ALT-DEL) on my computer.
    > I've scanned for spyware and such with Ad-Aware, Spybot, and McAfee
    > VirusScan. Anyone know the problem?
    > --
    > Custom Built
    > XP SP2
    > 512MB RAM, 80GB HD, 128MB PCI XPRESS, 3.2GHz H-T

    Hey, It works when I right click taskbar and select Task Manager. It also
    works when I use run taskmgr. msconfig and the registry open and stay open.

    I tried using the registry file that Thomas suggested...didn't help.
    --

    "pcuser" wrote:

    > Hello, I can't bring up the task manager (CTRL-ALT-DEL) on my computer. I've
    > scanned for spyware and such with Ad-Aware, Spybot, and McAfee VirusScan.
    > Anyone know the problem?
    > --
    > Custom Built
    > XP SP2
    > 512MB RAM, 80GB HD, 128MB PCI XPRESS, 3.2GHz H-T

    Adding to Vesley's advice, this might also help
    Row 51, right

    --
    Tumppi
    Reply to group

    "pcuser" <ckozkid@comcast.nospam> kirjoitti viestissä
    > Hello, I can't bring up the task manager (CTRL-ALT-DEL) on my computer.
    I've
    > scanned for spyware and such with Ad-Aware, Spybot, and McAfee VirusScan.
    > Anyone know the problem?
    > --
    > Custom Built
    > XP SP2
    > 512MB RAM, 80GB HD, 128MB PCI XPRESS, 3.2GHz H-T

Windows XP