restore on reboot

Is there anyway to automatically make XP go to a restore point when
rebooted?

I want to make it so that when the computer is switched off and on
again the system is exactly the same each time.

I've looked at drive image 2002 and norton ghost but I dont think that
they have this feature.

thanks

Andy
3 answers Last reply
More about restore reboot

    "Andy" <andyloves.comps@virgin.net> wrote in message
    | Is there anyway to automatically make XP go to a restore point when
    | rebooted?
    |
    | I want to make it so that when the computer is switched off and on
    | again the system is exactly the same each time.
    |
    | I've looked at drive image 2002 and norton ghost but I dont think that
    | they have this feature.
    |

    | thanks
    |
    | Andy

    I think you may be confused about what System Restore does.

    Frequently Asked Questions Regarding System Restore in Windows XP
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/newsgroups/faqsrwxp.mspx

    For what you describe you'll need something like DeepFreeze or GoBack in
    Kiosk mode.

    http://www.faronics.com/html/deepfreeze.asp
    http://www.symantec.com/goback/

    --
    Doug

    I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
    I was just trying to help.
    advice herein.
    No warranty is expressed or implied.
    Your mileage may vary.
    See store for details. :)

    Remove shoes to E-mail.

    Hi Andy,

    System Restore can't do that. And it was not designed to do so. It doesn't monitor every
    file on the system.

    Description of System Restore
    http://bertk.mvps.org/html/description.html

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

    Andy wrote:
    > Is there anyway to automatically make XP go to a restore
    > point when rebooted?
    >
    > I want to make it so that when the computer is switched
    > off and on again the system is exactly the same each time.
    >
    > I've looked at drive image 2002 and norton ghost but I
    > dont think that they have this feature.
    >

    > thanks
    >
    > Andy

    Deep freeze sounds like what I was looking for

    thanks

    Andy

Microsoft Windows XP