windows must be activate before log on

crazy

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2004

just replace motherboard and new power supply trying to start up to install
new motherboards information and can not log on saids windows must be
activated befor log on but then click on activeat it saids windows is
activeated and go's back to the log in screen and will not let me log in to
add the information for it.

Changing a Motherboard or Moving a Hard Drive with XP Installed
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/moving_xp.html

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Michael Stevens]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"crazy" wrote:

| just replace motherboard and new power supply trying to start up to install
| new motherboards information and can not log on saids windows must be
| activated befor log on but then click on activeat it saids windows is
| activeated and go's back to the log in screen and will not let me log in to
| add the information for it.

redneckonline

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
What phone number do you call Microsuck with to talk to a real person, who is supposed to ask the 50 questions so you can activate your damn windowsXP?

redneckonline

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
I've heard you can't use the old copy with new motherboard, but what if you bought it because your old one is dead and you have the old dead one and the case from the original?