speakers

My computer speakers are not working at all. The are connected to the
computer and pluged in for power; my mother and i have worked on this alot;
we went to the control panel and clicked on sounds and audio devices and it
says no audio device. We have had this computer for about 2 or 3 years. My
mother put the computer in my room so i could have it and all she did was
unhook the computer and put it in my room she had to buy a new hard drive
because it just didnt want to work. The computer works perfect but the
speakers are just not working at all. I have been to help and support on my
computer and looked and looked for solutions and tried them out and it just
hasnt worked. Can someone PLEASE! help me!?
2 answers Last reply
More about speakers

    ashley wrote:
    > My computer speakers are not working at all. The are connected to the
    > computer and pluged in for power; my mother and i have worked on this
    > alot; we went to the control panel and clicked on sounds and audio
    > devices and it says no audio device. We have had this computer for
    > about 2 or 3 years. My mother put the computer in my room so i could
    > have it and all she did was unhook the computer and put it in my room
    > she had to buy a new hard drive because it just didnt want to work.
    > The computer works perfect but the speakers are just not working at
    > all. I have been to help and support on my computer and looked and
    > looked for solutions and tried them out and it just hasnt worked. Can
    > someone PLEASE! help me!?

    You must know what sound card you have. Look on your receipt/invoice for
    the computer - ask the people you bought the system from, open it up and
    look, etc.

    There are applications out there that can identify what hardware you have,
    but I think they all depend on a properly installed system - as I think they
    pull the information from the registry. Perhaps they do not - so I will
    recommend you try two different ones:

    EVEREST Home Edition
    http://www.lavalys.com/products/download.php?pid=1&lang=en&pageid=3

    Belarc Advisor
    http://belarc.com/free_download.html

    Once you know what you have, what next? Go get the latest driver for your
    hardware/OS from the manufacturer's web page. For example, let's say you
    have an NVidia chipset video card or ATI video card, perhaps a Creative
    Labs sound card or C-Media chipset sound card...

    NVidia Video Card Drivers

    ATI Video Card Drivers
    http://www.atitech.com/support/driver.html

    Creative Labs Sound Device
    http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/

    C-Media Sound Device
    http://www.cmedia.com.tw/e_download_01.htm

    Good luck!

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    Ashley

    You will have to re-install sound drivers.. use your sond card or
    motherboard CD to re-instate them..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "ashley" <ashley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My computer speakers are not working at all. The are connected to the
    > computer and pluged in for power; my mother and i have worked on this
    > alot;
    > we went to the control panel and clicked on sounds and audio devices and
    > it
    > says no audio device. We have had this computer for about 2 or 3 years. My
    > mother put the computer in my room so i could have it and all she did was
    > unhook the computer and put it in my room she had to buy a new hard drive
    > because it just didnt want to work. The computer works perfect but the
    > speakers are just not working at all. I have been to help and support on
    > my
    > computer and looked and looked for solutions and tried them out and it
    > just
    > hasnt worked. Can someone PLEASE! help me!?

Speakers Computers Windows XP