madmadmad

Honorable
Feb 23, 2012
I just saw that there was a star wars multi player mod for COD 4: MW and really wanted to try it so I went rummaging around for my old copy. I found the case with the CD Key but the disc wasnt in there. Does anyone know how I could get the game without purchasing it again? Maybe a digital download? I tried steam but that didnt work.

Toxxyc

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
Request a new disc from the publisher (disc only). They should send you one without much issue. Otherwise I'd tell you to DL a torrent copy and use the legal CD key without the cracks and crap, but it has been frowned upon in the past. I don't see an issue with it (you do have a legal key and you are a paying customer), but copyrights... :/

madmadmad

Honorable
Feb 23, 2012
"Request a new disc from the publisher (disc only). They should send you one without much issue."

You would think so but it is activition after all... they'll probably want a contract signed in my blood before they hand me over a free disk.

And I dont do the whole torrent thing. The hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines along with the possible prison time just isnt worth the risk. No matter how small it might be.

bumnut53

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011

You can download a torrent as you have a legally acquired key. When you buy software, you are buying a license to use it. Have you tried activating the key on Steam?

It is not a crime to download software via a torrent that you have a legal key for.

madmadmad

Honorable
Feb 23, 2012
"You can download a torrent as you have a legally acquired key. When you buy software, you are buying a license to use it. Have you tried activating the key on Steam?

It is not a crime to download software via a torrent that you have a legal key for. "

Oh, I didn't know that. Whats the safest site you would recommend. And yes, I have tried steam, it didn't work

bumnut53

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011

Im not sure if its against the site rules to recommend a torrent site, even though it would be legal in your case.

Can an admin confirm it is ok before I post?

madmadmad

Honorable
Feb 23, 2012

What if you send me a private message?

I like to see some type of legal document or publication that backs up that statement.

Toxxyc

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011

Oh, not this argument again... One can run around in circles for hours arguing about this... :)