When I type "tasklist/svc" in my command prompt box I get the error message
"framedyn.dll could not be found". I also get this message when I try to
download codecs for my media player. I tried replaceing framedyn.dll, but
this didn"t work. I was told to go to environmental variables and click
system variables, then choose path then edit. Then under the variable name
box type" path", then in the variable value box type
"%systemroot%\system32;%systemroot;%systemroot%\wbem". But under Pathex there
are allready listed extensions like; .com;ext; ect. So I"m not sure I should
do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. As you can see, I have no
idea what i should do in this situation.
--
over and out

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q319114
"Application Has Failed to Start Because Framedyn.dll Was Not Found" Error Message
When You Open the System Properties Dialog Box

"b4thesky" <b4thesky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I type "tasklist/svc" in my command prompt box I get the error message
> "framedyn.dll could not be found". I also get this message when I try to
> download codecs for my media player. I tried replaceing framedyn.dll, but
> this didn"t work. I was told to go to environmental variables and click
> system variables, then choose path then edit. Then under the variable name
> box type" path", then in the variable value box type
> "%systemroot%\system32;%systemroot;%systemroot%\wbem". But under Pathex there
> are allready listed extensions like; .com;ext; ect. So I"m not sure I should
> do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. As you can see, I have no
> idea what i should do in this situation.
> --
> over and out

I'm not getting that error message in the system properties dialog box. Only
when I Type "tasklist/svc" in the command prompt box, and also when I try to
download kodecs for my media player. What about those extentions listed after
pathex? Do I just delete them? And if I do, will this affect anything in my
computer? Do I need these Extentions like .com;.exe;.bat;.cmd;.vbs;.vbe;.js;?
These are all listed after pathex in the system variables box. I'm just
trying to not destroy my computer. Thanks for your previous post , and thanks
in advance for future posts!!
--
over and out