Anybody here use Bank of America?

Status
Not open for further replies.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I actually fired BoA a couple of years ago after using them for 25 +/- years. They simply were too big and unresponsive to meet my needs and we decided to take our money elsewhere and we couldn't be happier.

I used to have a card with them. No, I would not do business with them in the future. I wasn't even aware of this.

I was laid off for awhile and fell behind in my bills (like many Americans), they jacked my interested up from 9% to 30% and I inquired about a payment plan to avoid having my credit trashed they would not accept a penny less than 70 a month. Consequences of not paying that amount would result in a penalty of $35 a month and an additional $35 if the balance exceeded my credit line in addition to the 30% interest. I told them my situation was so bad (and was true) that I had to visit a food drive the previous day in order to eat.

Of course, I didn't expect them to care, but this was right after BoA received that "bail-out money", which I as a tax payer certainly didn't approve of as it was bailing them out from their own poor financial decisions. Sure, I have made my share of mistakes, but how hypocritical to hold me to a higher standard over 3500 bucks when they themselves were billions in the hole.

I am now in a position to repay that debt, but quite frankly, I don't feel motivated.

Status
Not open for further replies.