System restore

Hello

My problem is that my D:\ partition has been emptied and I don't by who, it
might have been a virus that my anti virus programs did not detect nobody
had acces to my computer except me. Anyway the only files that i have now on
disk D: are the ones having this path : d:\System Volume
Information\_restore{7C0577FB-A6D0-4E2E-BDF2-5A687721336B}\RP184\ . Here
you can find some of the files i used to have but with diferent names. There
is no trace of the folders that i used to have on partition D:\.

I tryed to restore my settings with system restore but there is no date I
can go back to.

If you have any advice for me of how could I get back my lost files , I
would apriciated very much.

Thank You.
1 answer Last reply
More about system restore

    Hi,

    Before addressing the System Restore issue, I would suggest using the following utility to
    try recovering the missing files.

    Restoration - file undelete utility:
    http://www.snapfiles.com/get/restoration.html

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

    System Troubleshoot wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > My problem is that my D:\ partition has been emptied and
    > I don't by who, it might have been a virus that my anti
    > virus programs did not detect nobody had acces to my
    > computer except me. Anyway the only files that i have now
    > on disk D: are the ones having this path : d:\System
    > Volume
    > Information\_restore{7C0577FB-A6D0-4E2E-BDF2-5A687721336B}\RP184\
    > . Here you can find some of the files i used to have but
    > with diferent names. There is no trace of the folders
    > that i used to have on partition D:\.
    >
    > I tryed to restore my settings with system restore but
    > there is no date I can go back to.
    >
    > If you have any advice for me of how could I get back my
    > lost files , I would apriciated very much.
    >
    > Thank You.

Partition System Restore Windows XP