Windows Explorer Performance

Just in the past week my windows explorer takes a whole minute to open any
type of document even a text document. This is unacceptable as this is my
machine at work. I have done all the general maintenance like defrag etc...
and have even disabled last access via fsutil.

Does anyone know what else I can do to resolve this problem. I figure if
I'm seeing this on my own machine, that it's going to happen to one of my
users eventually.

Penny wrote:
> Just in the past week my windows explorer takes a whole minute to open any
> type of document even a text document. This is unacceptable as this is my
> machine at work. I have done all the general maintenance like defrag etc...
> and have even disabled last access via fsutil.
>
> Does anyone know what else I can do to resolve this problem. I figure if
> I'm seeing this on my own machine, that it's going to happen to one of my
> users eventually.

Do you happen to have Microsoft Antispyware installed? It's known to
cause huge delays in opening documents (or other kinds of files).

--
Thanks,

Martijn Saly

I have adaware and spybot installed.