Presario 1275 - cannot resolve display issue

I just bought 'used' 1275 laptop- hd was replaced - I have no restore
cd. I partitioned the 4 gig hd for 2 parts.

Am trying to load win98 from retail cd. All seemed ok, BUT I cannot
find the proper driver for the lcd / adapter.

I config display for 600x800 - but cannot change 'adapter type ' to
svga - cannot find any ' video' drivers at hp/compaq site

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks Mike Kipper
3 answers Last reply
More about presario 1275 resolve display issue

    The video controller on the 1275 is a NeoMagic 2097 (G4). The only driver
    Compaq provides is a Win 95 driver as that is the OS that shipped with the
    laptop.
    HH

    HH you are the greatest! was able to find driver at driverguide.com
    - installed it - works like a charm - thanx a billion

    mike kipper

    On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 14:08:02 -0400, "HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >The video controller on the 1275 is a NeoMagic 2097 (G4). The only driver
    >Compaq provides is a Win 95 driver as that is the OS that shipped with the
    >laptop.
    >HH
    >
    >"Mike k" <mikekipper@msn.com> wrote in message
    >> I just bought 'used' 1275 laptop- hd was replaced - I have no restore
    >> cd. I partitioned the 4 gig hd for 2 parts.
    >>
    >> Am trying to load win98 from retail cd. All seemed ok, BUT I cannot
    >> find the proper driver for the lcd / adapter.
    >>
    >> I config display for 600x800 - but cannot change 'adapter type ' to
    >> svga - cannot find any ' video' drivers at hp/compaq site
    >>
    >> Any help would be appreciated.
    >>
    >> thanks Mike Kipper

    Could of swore I mailed you the very same drivers awhile back when you
    requested help.............I must be gettin old!

    With best regards, TheGarbageGuy. E-mail: t5boss@yahoo(removethis).com

Compaq Computers