Presario 1275 - cannot resolve display issue

I just bought 'used' 1275 laptop- hd was replaced - I have no restore
cd. I partitioned the 4 gig hd for 2 parts.

Am trying to load win98 from retail cd. All seemed ok, BUT I cannot
find the proper driver for the lcd / adapter.

I config display for 600x800 - but cannot change 'adapter type ' to
svga - cannot find any ' video' drivers at hp/compaq site

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks Mike Kipper

hh

The video controller on the 1275 is a NeoMagic 2097 (G4). The only driver
Compaq provides is a Win 95 driver as that is the OS that shipped with the
laptop.
HH

HH you are the greatest! was able to find driver at driverguide.com
- installed it - works like a charm - thanx a billion

mike kipper

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 14:08:02 -0400, "HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote:

>The video controller on the 1275 is a NeoMagic 2097 (G4). The only driver
>Compaq provides is a Win 95 driver as that is the OS that shipped with the
>laptop.
>HH
>
>"Mike k" <mikekipper@msn.com> wrote in message
>> I just bought 'used' 1275 laptop- hd was replaced - I have no restore
>> cd. I partitioned the 4 gig hd for 2 parts.
>>
>> Am trying to load win98 from retail cd. All seemed ok, BUT I cannot
>> find the proper driver for the lcd / adapter.
>>
>> I config display for 600x800 - but cannot change 'adapter type ' to
>> svga - cannot find any ' video' drivers at hp/compaq site
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>> thanks Mike Kipper

Could of swore I mailed you the very same drivers awhile back when you
requested help.............I must be gettin old!

With best regards, TheGarbageGuy. E-mail: t5boss@yahoo(removethis).com