How do I install two hard drives

Well its for my parents computer and the company they bought it from couldnt
help them with the problem with the hard drive, everytime it starts they get
a message that says hard drive not found press f4 for setup, so the company
sent them another one, what i want to know is if the 2 hard drives are
installed how would it be done and could they get any of the info of the old
one into the new one

The new hard drive will have to be physically installed, jumpered as
Master, partitioned, formatted and have an operating system installed
on it. Once this has happened you can install the old HDD as a Slave
drive and depending on what is wrong with the drive and what forensic
software you use you MAY be able to recover the data.

You may be better off taking the machine to your nearest computer shop
and asking if they could do it for you.

JC

Why can't the company help?.. if the main drive is failing, they should be
able to do something..

If you are unsure about messing with the insides of a computer, and have
misgivings about loading an OS, find a reputable computer store (not one of
the big guns), and get them to help you out..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"jc153" <jc153@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Well its for my parents computer and the company they bought it from
> couldnt
> help them with the problem with the hard drive, everytime it starts they
> get
> a message that says hard drive not found press f4 for setup, so the
> company
> sent them another one, what i want to know is if the 2 hard drives are
> installed how would it be done and could they get any of the info of the
> old
> one into the new one

TRENDING THREADS