pc wont boot up without 98 cd rom

jay

i have windows xp pro installed on a new hard drive however whenever i boot
up it says please enter boot disk, so when i enter the windows xp cd rom it
starts to load up the setup, when this occured i used the windows 98 cd
instead and it said boot disk found and this allowed me to start up my
computer, however i need the windows 98 cd in the cd rom drive whenever i
want to boot up, can anyone tell me what the problem might and could it be my
BIOS settings are not right?

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

You need to change the boot sequence settings in the BIOS to boot first from
the hard drive and not the CD drive.