Sign in with
Your question

No wireless connection

Last response: in Windows 7
October 8, 2010 8:50:16 PM

After converting Acer laptop from Vista to Windows 7, we were still able to be connected to the Netgear wireless router on another networked computer. Then it became necessary to reinstall the router, after which the Acer Windows 7 cannot be connected to the wireless network, even though it shows as available. Following the directions given to do this and trying all other suggestions from forums, we still cannot connect (and we notice others have the same problem no matter what they do). I tried to convert back to Vista but that didn't work either.

More about : wireless connection

a b $ Windows 7
October 8, 2010 10:48:27 PM

can you connect to the wireless when the wireless security on the router is disabled?
a b $ Windows 7
October 8, 2010 11:56:38 PM

I had to do this on an acer branded laptop not to long ago, the fix was to uninstall the wireless software and then reinstall just the wireless drivers by going through the device manager, I think the software was conflicting with the win7 wireless zero configuration system, after the drivers were installed and the wireless network detected and passkey set I had to reboot the system for the wireless to properly function and connect.
!