Is this HP DV6 good enough?

Chaz72987

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
Hello, Is this laptop good enough to run BF3 at atleast 30fps on medium? Also is this card dual? I'm new to computers I know it's an APU so does that mean theAMD Radeon HD 6620G discrete-class card isn't the only card? Sorry if I'm not making 100% sense, but I keep seeing people say they have two cards with the DV6 and I was wondering if this was the same model for that. Thanks alot for helping in advance!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+15.6%22+Refurbished+Pavilion+Laptop+-+8GB+Memory+-+640GB+Hard+Drive+-+Dark+Umber/4303083.p?skuId=4303083&productCategoryId=pcmcat219300050014&id=1218471875091

pauls3743

Distinguished
The DV6 a two seperate graphics cards, a "powerful" card for gaming and a "lean" card for battery endurance which it switches between depending on whether the power supply is connected.

As to whether the 6620G in that DV6 is powerful enough to run BF3, I have my doubts because it is only a low to mid range card. I have the older Radeon HD5650 in my DV6 and it is not powerful enough to run CoD:Black Ops or MW2, even at the lowest settings.

The real gaming laptops have the high end cards which sometimes have matched dual graphics cards which run in SLi/crossfire. Sadly, the DV6 is not one of them.

the dv6 is just a series of laptop production, what goes inside varies greatly depending on the model, so unless you specifically referring to the model that has a dedicated GPU along side the APU, the laptop he gave a link to (specifically dv6-6145dx) only has the APU, which is reflected by the price.

I advise you to do better research rather than demonstrating your ignorance by giving false information/advice