Synctoy will not start but gives this error:

Event ID: 26
Application popup: SyncToy.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging Services : Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.

Process id=0xd24 (3364), Thread id=0xd28 (3368).

Windows also loads Explorer in the Synctoy subfolder. Have tried to install the latest .Net Framework version but not sure I have it. Using XP SP1.

Any meaningful comments or solutions?

Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

Did I post to the wrong group, have I been blocked or is this a subject of
limited knowledge? Haven't had any responses.

Don wrote:
> Did I post to the wrong group, have I been blocked or is
> this a subject of limited knowledge? Haven't had any

You might want to post your question to this newsgroup:

Keep in mind that this is unsupported Beta software, so you're
essentially on your own.

Good luck

Nepatsfan

> "Fox Hunter" <donlitt@sbcnonglobal.net> wrote in message
> Synctoy will not start but gives this error:
>
> Event ID: 26
> Application popup: SyncToy.exe - Common Language Runtime
> Debugging Services
>> Application has generated an exception that could not be
>> handled.
>
> Process id=0xd24 (3364), Thread id=0xd28 (3368).
>
> Windows also loads Explorer in the Synctoy subfolder. Have
> tried to install the latest .Net Framework version but not
> sure I have it. Using XP SP1.
> Any meaningful comments or solutions?

Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

Thanks for your response. I have since discovered that, apparently, Synctoy
will only work with SP2 as stated in the minimum requirements.

"Nepatsfan" <nepatsfan@SBXXXIX.com> wrote in message
> Don wrote:
>> Did I post to the wrong group, have I been blocked or is
>> this a subject of limited knowledge? Haven't had any
>
> You might want to post your question to this newsgroup:
>
> Keep in mind that this is unsupported Beta software, so you're essentially
> on your own.
>
> Good luck
>
> Nepatsfan
>

>> "Fox Hunter" <donlitt@sbcnonglobal.net> wrote in message
>> Synctoy will not start but gives this error:
>>
>> Event ID: 26
>> Application popup: SyncToy.exe - Common Language Runtime
>> Debugging Services
>>> Application has generated an exception that could not be
>>> handled.
>>
>> Process id=0xd24 (3364), Thread id=0xd28 (3368).
>>
>> Windows also loads Explorer in the Synctoy subfolder. Have
>> tried to install the latest .Net Framework version but not
>> sure I have it. Using XP SP1.
>> Any meaningful comments or solutions?

TRENDING THREADS