Installed or not Installed?

ovoco5

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2001
Hello,
I've just upgraded pc's hardware with new motherboard, ram and processor. I'm running Windows 2000 server too with it which was originally installed on the Hard drive. The Hard drive has not been changed as the upgrade is purly Hardware only.
The New motherboard drivers have been installed. The M/board is an ABIT KX7 RAID 333.
Everything is running fine, apart from the Network card. I first installed an SMC pci card. The O/S saw the new card but would not install the drivers for it. I then tried my spare Netgear card - this did install but I can't connect to my network? When I got to START>SETTING> DIAL UP AND NETWORK CONNECTIONS and click my local area connection I go to the properties of the card and check my TCP IP connection I get told that I have no network card installed! (though under device manager I do! ) I can't even ping myself as in dos I get told I have no NIC installed.
Has this something to do with a Bios settings?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Greg

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
crossposted in <A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=546188#546188" target="_new">motherboards and chipsets</A>

<pre> \|/
jlanka (. .)
___________oOOo_(_(_)_)_oOOo___________
</pre><p>

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
this way it can be answered in one place. It's annoying when I write a long answer to a post only to find it's already been answered somewhere else. Thats why I inserted the link.

<pre> \|/
jlanka (. .)
___________oOOo_(_(_)_)_oOOo___________
</pre><p>

ovoco5

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2001
That's cool. I wasn't trying to cheat an answer. Plus If I get an answer from a different location I'd let another know about it too.

Cheers

Greg