Sign in with
Your question

Micro-Stuttering Issue in Games

Tags:
  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
February 25, 2012 1:27:53 PM

Hey guys I noticed that when I play games like The Witcher 2 and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, the game is constantly micro-stuttering (doesn't happen at all in Just Cause 2.) No matter the graphic settings it doesn't seem to go away. Sometimes right when I start the game the stuttering may be a bit more minimal, but it always seems to show up sooner or later. It usually stutters when I rotate the camera while my character is moving. I have heard on the web that this issue is related to the speed of transfer of my hard drive as it contains all the needed resources. I would like to know if there is any way to minimize or get rid of this problem. Thanks!

More about : micro stuttering issue games

February 25, 2012 1:34:16 PM

micro Stuttering is exclusive to SLI/Crossfire users, are you really using 2 video cards? what are your settings? are you sure what you are experiencing is just lag? just cause 2 is much lighter than brotherhood/witcher 2 that is why does not happen?

you can try updating your Graphics driver to the latest version and see if it gets better.
m
l
February 25, 2012 3:01:51 PM

ricardois said:
micro Stuttering is exclusive to SLI/Crossfire users, are you really using 2 video cards? what are your settings? are you sure what you are experiencing is just lag? just cause 2 is much lighter than brotherhood/witcher 2 that is why does not happen?

you can try updating your Graphics driver to the latest version and see if it gets better.

No i'm just using one Sapphire 6870 w/Dual fans. I have the latest version of the drivers too. And it isn't possible for lag as my fps is still quite high (40-60) and I'm not playing online.
m
l
February 25, 2012 11:06:29 PM

well micro-stuttering is not... this only happens on sli/crossfire, by any means is your HD full? i've experience some lag in witcher when i had hd size < 10gb so i've cleaned 100gb and was back to normal, but i don't think this is your problem, what is your CPU? if you can give all your system specs will help to see what may be your problem, if you are using a cpu with only 2 physical cores this problem can also happen on games that are cpu intensive.
m
l
!