Deus EX human revolution pc vs ps3 ( hd 6670 gpu )

Status
Not open for further replies.

k4ever

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
Im new to computer gaming. Mostly I play on my ps3, then I discovered steam through portal 2. I have an i3 dual core, 6GB ram, with an hd 6670 GPU. I know I wont be playing this game on the highest settings with that card, but will it look at least like the ps3 version or slightly better? My monitor is an lcd 1680x1050 native 22".

Solution
Since you don't have the game for either platform yet, I would go for the PC version.

As already stated you can set the graphics higher settings higher on a PC than on a console. Additionally, console games are generally rendered at 720p an then it is stretched to fit the full screen of a HDTV or monitor. Stretching causes a drop in visual quality. The higher the resolution 720p is stretch to, the worse it would look compared to playing the game at it's actual resolution.

Below are benchmarks for Deus EX Human Revolution @ 1680 x 1050 resolution with the highest graphic settings. Additionally, it includes DX11 effects something that the PS3 or Xbox 360 version does not have. The Radeon HD 6670 is not part of the benchmarks, but it...

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
PS3 and xbox360 games are generally the equivalent of customized low settings with creative uses of motion blur and such to smooth the visual appearance of most games' 30 fps on either console.

Should look equivalent roughly. Might suffer some in appearance during motion only b/c the PC doesn't inherently use some of the corner cutting design tactics that you will see in console counterpart titles.

k4ever

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
The only games I have checked on the ps3 and on the pc is portal 2. I know that game doesnt need a high end graphic card to be maxed out, but it seemed to me that it looked better in my computer ( 1680x1050 ). If you say I will get a better picture on my ps3 then I would prefer to play it there then. Is just that I didnt want the opportunity to score a nice sale by getting deus ex for $10 on steam.

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
Deus Ex is a great looking game, but if you already own it on console I don't really see any reason to expand to buying it on PC. It's the same game with no different multiplayer aspect. The graphics aren't revolutionary on PC or anything (my build runs it at 95-150 fps completely maxed), it's just nice art design.

k4ever

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
I dont have the game for ps3 yet. I was thinking in buying it, and then I saw the game on sale on steam for just $10! I just wasnt the sure how the quality will be different, and if there was one ... if the price difference was worth ($30 on ps3 with good graphics vs $10 on steam with "not as good" graphics).

theconsolegamer

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2011

Do you want to play online or just the campain? The problem is choice.

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011

what does this mean? you think you cannot play games online on PC lol???

the games are the same you can play online, the only difference is that on console most of players are noob... kids playing and everyone using a controller.

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

It's your money. Personally I would buy it on PC as you have more overhead potential as parts are upgraded/things are overclocked etc. Consoles just aren't for me anymore as they fall so far behind in so many regards (and in this case price as well). I'd recommend the game on PC to you for 10 dollars as opposed to 30 dollars on PS3 as, on its worst day, the PC version will look about the same as the PS3 version on its best day. On settings maxed, there is no comparison and the console version looks like it was released 6 years before the PC version (as is the case most of the time these days).

A good comparison would be console BF3 players. They think the game looks good on console (which it does, compared to other console games). But I've played it on a pretty well-built PC and I've seen what it looks like with settings turned up. When I see it played on console it's kind of funny by comparison. But then again, these are things that I specifically am looking for.

cllaer

Honorable
Feb 26, 2012
I was thinking in buying it, and then I saw the game on sale on steam for just $10!
g.gif

Since you don't have the game for either platform yet, I would go for the PC version.

As already stated you can set the graphics higher settings higher on a PC than on a console. Additionally, console games are generally rendered at 720p an then it is stretched to fit the full screen of a HDTV or monitor. Stretching causes a drop in visual quality. The higher the resolution 720p is stretch to, the worse it would look compared to playing the game at it's actual resolution.

Below are benchmarks for Deus EX Human Revolution @ 1680 x 1050 resolution with the highest graphic settings. Additionally, it includes DX11 effects something that the PS3 or Xbox 360 version does not have. The Radeon HD 6670 is not part of the benchmarks, but it will fit in between the slower Radeon HD 6570 and the faster Radeon HD 5770. Note that the test rig uses a Core i5-2500k OC'ed to 4.0GHz so your actual FPS will likely be a little less. Deus EX - HR is actually one of those first person shooters that are more demanding on the CPU than on the GPU.

AA%201050.png

Source:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/deus-ex-human-revolution-performance-benchmark,3012-3.html

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS