cross game/server chat

Last response: in Video Games
January 23, 2005 2:13:57 PM

Has anyone ever been able to do this. All i get is not online, which is
strange since i'll logged into eq2 and eq1.

according to the FAG it's eq.<server name>.<pc name> if you want to chat to
someone in eq1, for eq2 it's the same format but the prefix is eq2.

If you've had this working, let me know.

Thanks.

More about : cross game server chat

Anonymous
January 23, 2005 7:55:46 PM

"Mark J. Handy" <mjhandy_@_rogers.DOtCOm> wrote in message
> Has anyone ever been able to do this. All i get is not online, which is
> strange since i'll logged into eq2 and eq1.
>
> according to the FAG it's eq.<server name>.<pc name> if you want to chat
> someone in eq1, for eq2 it's the same format but the prefix is eq2.
>
> If you've had this working, let me know.
>
> Thanks.

When sending tells from eq1 to eq2 the format is:

When sending tells from eq2 to eq1 the format is:

The difference is the [ and the /

Lou
January 23, 2005 9:24:27 PM

Mark J. Handy wrote:
> Has anyone ever been able to do this. All i get is not online, which
> is strange since i'll logged into eq2 and eq1.
>
> according to the FAG it's eq.<server name>.<pc name> if you want to
> chat to someone in eq1, for eq2 it's the same format but the prefix
> is eq2.
>
> If you've had this working, let me know.

For tells from eq1 to eq2, which is the only I have experience with, the
command is [tell eq2.servername.character for example " [tell
EQ2.Antonia_Bayle.Sinaiel Nice name! "

--
Sinaiel Soulmerchant
Wraith of Misericordia

"Lou Vincze" <biglou@ix.netcom.com> wrote in

> "Mark J. Handy" <mjhandy_@_rogers.DOtCOm> wrote in message
>> Has anyone ever been able to do this. All i get is not online, which
>> is strange since i'll logged into eq2 and eq1.
>>
>> according to the FAG it's eq.<server name>.<pc name> if you want to
>> chat to someone in eq1, for eq2 it's the same format but the prefix
>> is eq2.
>>
>> If you've had this working, let me know.
>
> When sending tells from eq1 to eq2 the format is:
>
> When sending tells from eq2 to eq1 the format is:
>
> The difference is the [ and the /

Furthermore, unless it's been fixed, you have to hit <Return> in EQ1
first to get the cursor in the chat window, then type "[tell....", unlike
when doing a tell to someone within EQ1 where you can just type
"/tell..." without first getting the cursor in the chat window. Have not
tried from eq2 yet.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
Graeme, 21 Dwarven Mystic, 20 Sage
Aviv, 11 Gnome Brawler, 14 Craftsman
Anonymous
January 24, 2005 7:28:00 PM

Mark J. Handy schrieb:
> Has anyone ever been able to do this. All i get is not online, which is
> strange since i'll logged into eq2 and eq1.
>
> according to the FAG it's eq.<server name>.<pc name> if you want to chat to
> someone in eq1, for eq2 it's the same format but the prefix is eq2.
>
> If you've had this working, let me know.
>
> Thanks.

It works ... and you can also send tells to swg people :)
Anonymous
January 24, 2005 8:45:25 PM

On 2005-01-24, Graeme Faelban <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:
> Furthermore, unless it's been fixed, you have to hit <Return> in EQ1
> first to get the cursor in the chat window, then type "[tell....", unlike
> when doing a tell to someone within EQ1 where you can just type
> "/tell..." without first getting the cursor in the chat window. Have not
> tried from eq2 yet.

Does anyone know how to join a cross server channel in EQ2? I have tried,
and seem to join successfully (i.e. mistmoore.channel:p assword) but
I am the only person in channel. If I /tell mistmoore.name they assure
me others are in there. Annoyting!

Matt
Anonymous
January 24, 2005 9:27:24 PM

Moopy <pingu@keg.zymurgy.org> wrote in

> On 2005-01-24, Graeme Faelban <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:
>> Furthermore, unless it's been fixed, you have to hit <Return> in EQ1
>> first to get the cursor in the chat window, then type "[tell....",
>> unlike when doing a tell to someone within EQ1 where you can just
>> type "/tell..." without first getting the cursor in the chat window.
>> Have not tried from eq2 yet.
>
> Does anyone know how to join a cross server channel in EQ2? I have
> tried, and seem to join successfully (i.e. mistmoore.channel:p assword)
> but I am the only person in channel. If I /tell mistmoore.name they
> assure me others are in there. Annoyting!

Still does not work as far as I know.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
Graeme, 21 Dwarven Mystic, 20 Sage
Aviv, 11 Gnome Braeler, 14 Craftsman
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 2:06:46 PM

"Mark J. Handy" <mjhandy_@_rogers.DOtCOm> wrote in message
> Has anyone ever been able to do this. All i get is not online, which is
> strange since i'll logged into eq2 and eq1.
>
> according to the FAG it's eq.<server name>.<pc name> if you want to chat
> someone in eq1, for eq2 it's the same format but the prefix is eq2.
>
> If you've had this working, let me know.
>
> Thanks.

Which fag was that? Wasn't me. :p

--
Firian