Driver Problem?

Hello
First question: Is there any way to slow or stop the boot process in order
to read an error medssage? I get a blue screen mesage for a second and then
it begins the re-boot, I can't get any info from the message.
Second question: I can boot up in safe mode, so i am assuming it is a driver
issue, there have been no new driver installs, how can I determine which one
is causing the problem?
Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about driver problem

    First question: Control Panel > System > Advanced tab > Startup and Recovery - Settings button > System Failure - remove checkmark from Automatically restart.

    Second question: Post the hexadecimal number (begins with 0x000...) and the name of the error (LOOKS_LIKE_THIS.)

    Ted Zieglar

    "erm-jr" <erm-jr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E502BAE2-88FD-4BD7-9EA1-6CB8D664B742@microsoft.com...
    > Hello
    > First question: Is there any way to slow or stop the boot process in order
    > to read an error medssage? I get a blue screen mesage for a second and then
    > it begins the re-boot, I can't get any info from the message.
    > Second question: I can boot up in safe mode, so i am assuming it is a driver
    > issue, there have been no new driver installs, how can I determine which one
    > is causing the problem?
    > Thanks

    Thanks Ted,
    The error mesage is: STOP 0x0000007F

    "Ted Zieglar" wrote:

    > First question: Control Panel > System > Advanced tab > Startup and Recovery - Settings button > System Failure - remove checkmark from Automatically restart.
    >
    > Second question: Post the hexadecimal number (begins with 0x000...) and the name of the error (LOOKS_LIKE_THIS.)
    >
    > Ted Zieglar
    >
    > "erm-jr" <erm-jr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E502BAE2-88FD-4BD7-9EA1-6CB8D664B742@microsoft.com...
    > > Hello
    > > First question: Is there any way to slow or stop the boot process in order
    > > to read an error medssage? I get a blue screen mesage for a second and then
    > > it begins the re-boot, I can't get any info from the message.
    > > Second question: I can boot up in safe mode, so i am assuming it is a driver
    > > issue, there have been no new driver installs, how can I determine which one
    > > is causing the problem?
    > > Thanks

    Information on STOP code 0x7F
    http://www.aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php#0x7f

    Ted Zieglar

    "erm-jr" <ermjr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F43DBA3-5E72-4010-B7FE-7DFC916C698A@microsoft.com...
    > Thanks Ted,
    > The error mesage is: STOP 0x0000007F
    >
    > "Ted Zieglar" wrote:
    >
    >> First question: Control Panel > System > Advanced tab > Startup and Recovery - Settings button > System Failure - remove checkmark from Automatically restart.
    >>
    >> Second question: Post the hexadecimal number (begins with 0x000...) and the name of the error (LOOKS_LIKE_THIS.)
    >>
    >> Ted Zieglar
    >>
    >> "erm-jr" <erm-jr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E502BAE2-88FD-4BD7-9EA1-6CB8D664B742@microsoft.com...
    >> > Hello
    >> > First question: Is there any way to slow or stop the boot process in order
    >> > to read an error medssage? I get a blue screen mesage for a second and then
    >> > it begins the re-boot, I can't get any info from the message.
    >> > Second question: I can boot up in safe mode, so i am assuming it is a driver
    >> > issue, there have been no new driver installs, how can I determine which one
    >> > is causing the problem?
    >> > Thanks

Boot Microsoft Windows XP