Hello
First question: Is there any way to slow or stop the boot process in order
to read an error medssage? I get a blue screen mesage for a second and then
it begins the re-boot, I can't get any info from the message.
Second question: I can boot up in safe mode, so i am assuming it is a driver
issue, there have been no new driver installs, how can I determine which one
is causing the problem?
Thanks

First question: Control Panel > System > Advanced tab > Startup and Recovery - Settings button > System Failure - remove checkmark from Automatically restart.

Second question: Post the hexadecimal number (begins with 0x000...) and the name of the error (LOOKS_LIKE_THIS.)

Ted Zieglar

"erm-jr" <erm-jr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E502BAE2-88FD-4BD7-9EA1-6CB8D664B742@microsoft.com...
> Hello
> First question: Is there any way to slow or stop the boot process in order
> to read an error medssage? I get a blue screen mesage for a second and then
> it begins the re-boot, I can't get any info from the message.
> Second question: I can boot up in safe mode, so i am assuming it is a driver
> issue, there have been no new driver installs, how can I determine which one
> is causing the problem?
> Thanks

Thanks Ted,
The error mesage is: STOP 0x0000007F

"Ted Zieglar" wrote:

> First question: Control Panel > System > Advanced tab > Startup and Recovery - Settings button > System Failure - remove checkmark from Automatically restart.
>
> Second question: Post the hexadecimal number (begins with 0x000...) and the name of the error (LOOKS_LIKE_THIS.)
>
> Ted Zieglar
>
> "erm-jr" <erm-jr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E502BAE2-88FD-4BD7-9EA1-6CB8D664B742@microsoft.com...
> > Hello
> > First question: Is there any way to slow or stop the boot process in order
> > to read an error medssage? I get a blue screen mesage for a second and then
> > it begins the re-boot, I can't get any info from the message.
> > Second question: I can boot up in safe mode, so i am assuming it is a driver
> > issue, there have been no new driver installs, how can I determine which one
> > is causing the problem?
> > Thanks

Information on STOP code 0x7F
http://www.aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php#0x7f